• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watching preseason

PantherKyle

Hey guys, avid reader, occasional poster.

I live in FL, and I am wondering about watching preseason.

Do you guys know if the tv schedule of when they will play our preseason games on nfl network is out?

Or should I get the preseason package?

Streaming options?

Thanks guys. 

Im another out of market fan. Not sure if your into the"Madden" game series, but this year you can get the game and direct tv nfl package for portable devices for $100 bucks. Stream any gamea you like in HD on your tablet computer or whatever. I used to watch it on this english sports website but the quality is worse than bunny ear antennaes and the advertisements suck.

Im another out of market fan. Not sure if your into the"Madden" game series, but this year you can get the game and direct tv nfl package for portable devices for $100 bucks. Stream any gamea you like in HD on your tablet computer or whatever. I used to watch it on this english sports website but the quality is worse than bunny ear antennaes and the advertisements suck.

No no no no. I hate how EA puts these so called "amazing" ideas in people's heads. What you said was HALF true. What EA is failing to point out (and for obvious reasons) are the details surrounding that deal. I posted this on a madden site a few weeks ago so ill copy and paste it here:

for those of you curious, I just wanted you all to be clear on what you're really getting: 

For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

So if you live in an area that CAN get Direct TV, you have to sign up for a 2 year contract ($960), with Direct TV and receive the first year of NFL Sunday Ticket free, then must pay next year 

For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.

Not a deal for those who already have the NFL Sunday Ticket since you can already watch on a computer 

For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.

So, for those of you who CANNOT receive Direct TV (and they will use a GPS satellite to determine if you can or can't), you get access to the Mobile, Computer and Tablet versions of Sunday Ticket only. NOT the TV version 

Also, 2 important notes regarding someone who called up Direct TV and asked them about this directly (pardon the pun): 

[uPDATE] Under the current terms posted DTV has the right to reject access to the mobile service for anyone that has the ability to buy their full service but don’t have it and for those who are already subscribers but not to Sunday Ticket. Regardless of whether EA says that will or will not happen (they say it won’t) DTV is the one who will end up making the call come September. Unless the terms on the product page are changed there is risk in purchasing with the expectation of taking advantage of the Sunday Ticket deal. Considering DTV’s history of business practices, and the intentional language throughout the terms to give them these very clear outs, the Anniversary Edition can not be recommended at this time. 

[uPDATE #2] I’ve now called in and spoken to DirecTV representatives, as have others, and been told unless verification is made determining you are unable to get DTV service where you live (based on satellite positioning or living in an apartment building) you will not be granted access to the anything this deal offers. Again…buyer beware unless the language of the terms is altered.

I hate to see EA screw people over as they have been doing for the last few years, so I'm just trying to inform everyone I can about this. I hope this thread helped, if not, there are going to be a ton of disappointed fans once the season starts

No no no no. I hate how EA puts these so called "amazing" ideas in people's heads. What you said was HALF true. What EA is failing to point out (and for obvious reasons) are the details surrounding that deal. I posted this on a madden site a few weeks ago so ill copy and paste it here:

for those of you curious, I just wanted you all to be clear on what you're really getting:

So if you live in an area that CAN get Direct TV, you have to sign up for a 2 year contract ($960), with Direct TV and receive the first year of NFL Sunday Ticket free, then must pay next year

Not a deal for those who already have the NFL Sunday Ticket since you can already watch on a computer

So, for those of you who CANNOT receive Direct TV (and they will use a GPS satellite to determine if you can or can't), you get access to the Mobile, Computer and Tablet versions of Sunday Ticket only. NOT the TV version

Also, 2 important notes regarding someone who called up Direct TV and asked them about this directly (pardon the pun):

hope I helped.

Link to that last quote? I've heard differently as of late

yeah that was from may 17 i tweeted him like a week ago before i preordered madden he told me otherwise

EDIT: found the tweets

1FF05BCB-E529-4D52-A44C-9CAF222B8023-279

6AD13940-CB21-4E23-9B38-6D30E6F03562-279

And also this should hopefully clear a few things up for you as well, this is from the current amazon page of the madden Sunday ticket product:

Exclusive Offers From DirecTV

For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

I hate to see EA screw people over as they have been doing for the last few years, so I'm just trying to inform everyone I can about this. I hope this thread helped, if not, there are going to be a ton of disappointed fans once the season starts

However, amazon has the worlds best customer service and you could return the game if you were denied the mobile Sunday ticket. I'll prolly go that route.

Archived