• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFT Looks At Peppers Deal

Skew

Henning, and more NFL coaches that any of us can even name, have had no trouble whatsoever finding other jobs after being fired, so I don't buy that arguement at all.

So you don't think that anyone who has been fired has any issues with it as long as he get's another job? I can attest that that's simply not true, I was downsized last year and it was a huge lost of self esteem. Got a much better job, huge raise in salary, but it was a huge loss in self esteem just the same. Trgo went to a lower job with lower pay, think about it...

The bottom line is that Hurney got exactly what he wanted all along, and Peppers got the exact opposite of what he wanted all along. You can type 20 pages of nonsense C-rolls, and it won't change that nagging little fact.

so the situation Peppers is left is virtually the same as what he is returning to and because of that and that alone we can all hail Hurney as the victor of this little squabble?

not nagging at all if that's what you are actually saying. Phrases like completely laughable, closed-minded, short-sighted, and adolescent come to mind but nothing about that stance is nagging. That limited point of view actually does not register as even something that a full grown adult of any intelligence would stand behind actually. Kind of like your thoughts on the exodus of certain members of the staff this off season, that doesn't even make sense. I must have missed your "I'm a parody poster today" teeshirt. My bad.

Well of course he's going to say he doesn't want the tag. He was basically playing the role of a disgruntled player without being disgruntled. It's just my theory though - a way to connect the dots.

As far as the incentives, I don't really think it has to do with anything, I was just throwing it out there.

side note: I thought all tagged players get a generic contract. They can throw incentives in or modify it? Or are their standard incentives included?

Yes the contract money is the same, but what ever incentives were in the old contract carry over to the tag. So if Player A has a Pro Bowl bonus and a playoff game bonus and gets tagged, then makes the Pro Bowl or/and the playoffs under the tag season he gets those bonuses. Also the team or player can add incentives or stipulations into a Tag contract, similar to what Haynesworth got last year.

it's not that simple BranDONE. you cannot oversimplify things and try to make a point that way. Are you actually claiming that the changes on defense will not have an effect on the ability for Pep to do what he wants to do as a pass rusher or are you saying that had peppers remained silent we definitely would have reached (quite possibly too far) for an undersized DE in the 2nd round by sacrificing next year's first?

Pep will have almost the exact same responsibilities he had before. We got another pass rusher because *gasp* we needed a more reliable pass rush. Brown is the kind of DE that works well in a Tampa 2, it's no small wonder why we got him after grabbing Meeks.

The fact of the matter is the defense needed to be fixed, regardless of the Peppers situation. Good teams don't change everything just to appease one player.

so the situation Peppers is left is virtually the same as what he is returning to and because of that and that alone we can all hail Hurney as the victor of this little squabble?

not nagging at all if that's what you are actually saying. Phrases like completely laughable, closed-minded, short-sighted, and adolescent come to mind but nothing about that stance is nagging. That limited point of view actually does not register as even something that a full grown adult of any intelligence would stand behind actually. Kind of like your thoughts on the exodus of certain members of the staff this off season, that doesn't even make sense. I must have missed your "I'm a parody poster today" teeshirt. My bad.

You keep trying to make it complicated, but it's not. Even if I'm wrong about Trgovac being forced out, it doesn't matter. The end result of everything that has happened is the only thing that matters, and the end result is that Hurney got exactly what he wanted from day 1. Therefore, he is not an idiot.

Pep will have almost the exact same responsibilities he had before. We got another pass rusher because *gasp* we needed a more reliable pass rush. Brown is the kind of DE that works well in a Tampa 2, it's no small wonder why we got him after grabbing

The fact of the matter is the defense needed to be fixed, regardless of the Peppers situation. Good teams don't change everything just to appease one player.

so Peppers, within days of getting annihilated at home in the playoffs says he wants out and that has nothing to do with the moves we made with staff and roster since IN SPITE OF THE FACT that we tagged him to the tune of 16.7 mill guaranteed.

I don't even know how to respond to that lunacy.

have a great weekend, give that big brain a rest. I'll be ready for more of your priceless anecdotes of gridiron insight early next week.

You keep trying to make it complicated, but it's not. Even if I'm wrong about Trgovac being forced out, it doesn't matter. The end result of everything that has happened is the only thing that matters, and the end result is that Hurney got exactly what he wanted from day 1. Therefore, he is not an idiot.

The situation is complicated, but I do agree with you 100% on this statement. Hurney played his cards exactly right and we got to keep 2 pro bowlers, added a new pass rushing threat and a coordinator who better fits our offensive philosophy.

There is a reason why teams around the league have a great amount of respect for our front office. Even more to the point Al Davis hates us, further reinforcing the fact that we have to be doing something right. ;)

I'd love to join in on all of this but your positions are so crosslinked it is crazy.

So I'll just say it looks to me like both sides got what they wanted in some fashion. I do think this new defense is more like Peppers wants to play in and thus he is more inclined to sign the tender and to negotiate a longer term deal.

There are numerous corollaries off of that point looking backwards and forwards . . .

You can Chicken or Egg that one all you want but whatever most of it we will never know.

:hat: ~ :troll: ~ :conehead: ~ :troll: ~ :hat:

so Peppers, within days of getting annihilated at home in the playoffs says he wants out and that has nothing to do with the moves we made with staff and roster since IN SPITE OF THE FACT that we tagged him to the tune of 16.7 mill guaranteed.

Jan 11- Panthers lose playoff game

Jan 15- Hurney and Fox offer Trgovac contract

Jan 16- Peppers says he wants out

Jan 17- Carey says Peppers wants to play in 3-4

Jan 20- Meeks resigns as DC of Indy

Jan 22- Trgovac leaves Panthers

Jan 26- Panthers hire Meeks

Feb 8- Peppers says he wants out again at Pro Bowl

That timeline does not add up with what you are saying.

Jan 11- Panthers lose playoff game

Jan 15- Hurney and Fox offer Trgovac contract

Jan 16- Peppers says he wants out

Jan 17- Carey says Peppers wants to play in 3-4

Jan 20- Meeks resigns as DC of Indy

Jan 22- Trgovac leaves Panthers

Jan 26- Panthers hire Meeks

Feb 8- Peppers says he wants out again at Pro Bowl

That timeline does not add up with what you are saying.

sure it does..they offer contract he says he wants out...the music stops everyone has changed position and the new seats are ones that Peppers is (on paper) better suited for.

nice work though, but why.

That was like you trying to convince me the sky was green and me disagreeing so you point up to a blue sky and said "look, I told you so"

wow

I have to hand to you Crolls. You should be a lawyer. You have the ability to take a terrible crappy position where you have been wrong on all counts and turn it into a winning position with everyone on the defensive. Excellent job in morphing the conversation from what it originally was to the current debate. I used to think you were just plain stupid but have newfound respect. You really have crafted the conversation.

As for everyone else, don't feed the troll. He is a moving target which is always tougher to hit. Plus he appears to have too much free time and loves to argue.

If you think he will every admit he is wrong or change his position you are wasting your time.

Just stop taking the bait.

Archived