• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Prisco predicts every NFL game.

PantherAZ

Man we really got screwed with a week 4 bye. WTF is that crap. Plus we play NE and SF in back to back weeks as they are both coming off their byes.

haters gona hate

Condidering our propensity to start slow, I don't hate the week four bye.

Dallas talent on D > Taints talent on D.

Dallas D sucked. Yet Rob will turn it around with less??? LOL!

oh, and Junior Galette is the only thing you've got resembling a pass rushing LBer........Junior Galette...that's right. Taints have crap for pass rush.

Ever heard of Cam Jordan, Akiem Hicks, or Martez Wilson? The starters PFF grades from playtime in first preseason game were much much better than Johnson, Edwards, and Lotulelei.

In first game, Panthers D generated 6 sacks and 8 pressures while Saints D generated 4 sacks and 17 pressures without even one blitz and lining up in base packages all night. 1 preseason game is a small sample thus far, but the numbers so far show big improvement for Saints D

Ever heard of Cam Jordan, Akiem Hicks, or Martez Wilson? There PFF grades from playtime in first preseason game were much much better than Johnson, Edwards, and Lotulelei.

In first game, Panthers D generated 6 sacks and 8 pressures while Saints D generated 4 sacks and 17 pressures without even one blitz and lining up in base packages all night. 1 preseason game is a small sample thus far, but the numbers so far show big improvement for Saints D

Good thing we aren't necessarily relying on Edwards and Star to rush the passer. We have Greg Hardy and Kawann Short for that. Lotulelei, at this point in his career, is a space eater that can stop the run and frequently take on double teams allowing our ends to raise hell on opposing offenses.

Oh, we had 7 sacks by the way. Our pass rush also paid dividends in the turnover department...yours did not. We all know who will have the superior defense this season; stop kidding yourself. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

Year 1 with Cowboys ranked 14th while Panthers ranked 28th, year 2 last year with 7 of 11 starters injured, ranked 19th.

Saints won SB in '09 with 25th ranked D

Great post about never having top 20 Def.!

Can someone point out exactly what position that Saints don't have the 3-4 personnel at? I know BEFORE training camp there was some Dline questions, but a lot of players have stepped up big and answered those, so just curious which position is missing a player?

saints fans always deflect criticism of their talent-starved defense with "abuh buh buh we were 25th in defense in 2009!"

the 2009 saints gave up some yards, but that's really it.  they had 39 takeaways which was 2nd in the entire league.  3rd in interceptions in the NFL.  they were 16th in points/drive and and 15th in touchdowns/drive but those stats are likely skewed by the fact that they forced teams into pass or die situations by like the middle of the second quarter.  the saints' offense had the most touchdowns/drive in the league at .312 that season which put a ridiculous amount of pressure on opposing teams.

also i'm glad you think the saints' defensive line questions have been answered after training camp and a preseason game.

Good thing we aren't necessarily relying on Edwards and Star to rush the passer. We have Greg Hardy and Kawann Short for that. Lotulelei, at this point in his career, is a space eater that can stop the run and frequently take on double teams allowing our ends to raise hell on opposing offenses.

Oh, we had 7 sacks by the way. Our pass rush also paid dividends in the turnover department...yours did not. We all know who will have the superior defense this season; stop kidding yourself. 

spags was supposed to have a badass defense last season.  instead they were historically shitty.

pat predicts this crap every year.  trying to compare their front 7 to ours position by position is a joke.

Ever heard of Cam Jordan, Akiem Hicks, or Martez Wilson? There PFF grades from playtime in first preseason game were much much better than Johnson, Edwards, and Lotulelei.

yeah, i know martez wilson

he's that guy with four career sacks who said he sees himself as a hall of famer.

spags was supposed to have a badass defense last season. instead they were historically shitty.

pat predicts this crap every year. trying to compare their front 7 to ours position by position is a joke.

Please show me where I said Spags would have a badass defense!? The only thing I ever said was the team doing okay without Payton on Offense because he is playcaller. If you pull up my posts, you will see I cited Carmichael working with Brees since '05 and mention he had been making play calls with Payton all along. So with #2 overall offense, #1 passing defense, record yards, most TDs, etc, it appears I was right and offense was ok.

yeah, i know martez wilson

he's that guy with four career sacks who said he sees himself as a hall of famer.

So a Panthers fan is going to begrudge someone for having goals and drive? He never said he was currently a HOF, he said he see himself become that "ONE DAY", as in the future. For the very limited playtime he had last year and the way Spags used him. He definitely has HOF possibility, so not unrealistic.

Let me respond with a picture

09000d5d82acc64d.jpeg

The game that worries me the most is the Buffalo game. If we beat the Seahawks, I hope we dont go into Buffalo with the big head, thinking it will be an easy win because we beat Seattle.

there are no easy wins in the NFL but, if we beat Seattle.............

we should go into Buffalo and kick their ass.

I heard of Martez Wilson, too. He must be a hell of a player to get a grade from PFF in last week's preseason game that he DIDN'T PLAY IN.

From the Times-Picayune yesterday:

Wilson was injured two weeks ago and his original prognosis to return was two to four weeks, with a month being the more likely scenario. 

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/08/martez_wilson_pierre_thomas_in.html

What a dumb@ss Taint fan!!

If he has us beating the Hawks, I can't complain. I can't tell you how bad I wanna beat them and I agree we reach bye undefeated, I feel we've got playoffs in our future. We started like trash past two years, how bout we start well this year!

You don't know how bad I want to beat the seahawks to. Defiantly with all this garbage talk about them being the Superbowl favorites. I hope we ruin all that hype sept 8. And remind everybody in this league that cam and the panthers are still here

I heard of Martez Wilson, too. He must be a hell of a player to get a grade from PFF in last week's preseason game that he DIDN'T PLAY IN.

From the Times-Picayune yesterday:

Wilson was injured two weeks ago and his original prognosis to return was two to four weeks, with a month being the more likely scenario.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/08/martez_wilson_pierre_thomas_in.html

What a dumb@ss Taint fan!!

Wilson just practiced yesterday for first time, with red no contact jersey, I know he didn't play. I meant the starters from preseason game 1 for Saints compared to starters of Panthers.

Wilson just practiced yesterday for first time, with red no contact jersey, I know he didn't play. I meant the starters from preseason game 1 for Saints compared to starters of Panthers.

Are you really here bragging on the Saints defense??!?!??!!? Of course they will be improved for last year since it was literally the worst defense ever. They will still likely finish 32nd in the league again.

Please stick to topics you understand like peanut butter and other food. You obviously know little about football.

Archived