• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What's the difference in Panthers QB accuracy vs Cleveland's QB's

redbuddha

If he didn't have a history of sucking in the preseason then turning around and averaging 4k yards when it matters, I'd worry more.

Cam is never going to be a surgeon. He has, however, been one of the better chunk/deep ball passers in the league since being drafted.

So what you're saying is that due to his preseason passing accuracy in meaningless games, cam's spot shouldn't be guaranteed? Really? Are you serious?

simple reading comprehension would reveal that your interpretation wasn't the point of my post.  stop intentionally trying to misread it.  plain and simple:  cam hasn't been accurate, and it is cause for concern.

First I have not narrowed this down to Cam, it seems like every box score i read for the nfl has a starter or backup with 60-70% accuracy.

Brady was damn near perfect, so was Vick, and EJ Manuel was 10-12. This seems to indicate that a system has been implemented that works for the player.

Alex Smith had the highest qb rating of his career under Harbaugh, but he sucked under other coaches.

Shrug I hear ya buuuuuuut its preseason.

No look I think the problem is this, Cam has got new targets and I think he is being urged to look for them more than Smitty. I think you can do things like that in preseason, feel things out, but when it comes to week1 theres not going to be any of that. He's going to go straight to who he trusts instinctively. He has to build those instincts somewhere. There's gonna be timing mishaps and errors while he's learning to play with other guys. . . and he's not Drew Brees, he's Cam Newton.

I feel what your saying but the person he trust the most is who he is overthrowing the most. He our QB and he not going anywhere but it does make your head scratch he doesn't miss by a little but by a lot when he misses see below). And no I am not a hater. I love this team and my QB

newtonbadthrow2_original.jpg?1376683580

simple reading comprehension would reveal that your interpretation wasn't the point of my post.  stop intentionally trying to misread it.  plain and simple:  cam hasn't been accurate, and it is cause for concern.

How is it a cause for concern? Cam has always played bad in the preseason. It's not as if he doesn't have a history for it. His regular season accuracy ratings are 60.0 and 57.7 for his first two seasons. How the fug do you look at his regular season stats and say that what he is doing in the preseason is a cause for concern. Jesus people on this forum are dumb as poo.

I feel what your saying but the person he trust the most is who he is overthrowing the most. He our QB and he not going anywhere but it does make your head scratch he doesn't miss by a little but by a lot when he misses see below). And no I am not a hater. I love this team and my QB

I remember that, ughh that was ugly. Well, hows Cam looked in practice? I havnt heard of him looking poorly.

First I have not narrowed this down to Cam, it seems like every box score i read for the nfl has a starter or backup with 60-70% accuracy.

Brady was damn near perfect, so was Vick, and EJ Manuel was 10-12. This seems to indicate that a system has been implemented that works for the player.

Alex Smith had the highest qb rating of his career under Harbaugh, but he sucked under other coaches.

Matt Ryan was 8-15 which is 53.33 with 1 touchdown cam was 8-17 with no touch down and clearly throughout the game cam was forcing throws instead of running for gaining yards.(Probably by design to not hurt himself in meaningless games) Obviously it will change in the preseason, but the point of this post is that numbers right now are very unimportant. If people want to complain about cam's accuracy do it when the games actually matter. 

I thought a concept like this would be simple.

I remember that, ughh that was ugly. Well, hows Cam looked in practice? I havnt heard of him looking poorly.

I was there the 1st Sunday when they went in full pads and he was on fire that day. We will be fine but what concerns that I and other have is we have seen some drives come to a halt on throws just like that especially on 3rd down.

I was there the 1st Sunday when they went in full pads and he was on fire that day. We will be fine but what concerns that I and other have is we have seen some drives come to a halt on throws just like that especially on 3rd down.

Different OC, could be "rehearsing" differently. Maybe Cam is just more of a timing guy and needs more familiarity with the plays theyre running. Maybe Chud was a little more strict in his ways and Shula is a little looseh gooseh.

I never did like Chud's offense because it seemed high risk high reward. When Chud's left I figured Cam's accuracy would go up, instead Weeden's shot thru the roof, he is 18-21 for 229 yards and 3 td's this preseason. Campbell was 14-19 for 143 yards in the last 2 games. I'm not sure we have a qb with over 50% accuracy during this preseason.

Can anybody explain the difference?

I know these are preseason numbers but I'm seeing lots of qb's finishing games with 1 or 2 incompletions. Hell Dennis Dixon was 3/3 in our game and 7/13 in the patriots game.

tumblr_m5wku4jXpt1qjwp1yo1_400.gif

Archived