• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How about those RED SOX!

cookinwithgas

I think it goes 6.  I am on the fence as to which team wins.  When the playoffs began I felt the two teams that could beat us were St. Louis and Oakland and I think the series is one incredible match-up.

-We do not have the DH advantage AL teams normally enjoy with Craig coming back. 

-We have the pen advantage as long as you only go three deep.  After that it swings their way.

-They have the best pitcher in the series with Waino, but I think Lester can beat him at least once due to the Cards weaknesses against lefties.

-I do not trust Peavy at all and Clay does not have much stamina at this point.  That being said, Shelby Miller hit a wall weeks ago and the rest of their rotation after the top 2 do not scare no

I think who wins the series comes down to Lackey v. Wacha.  If either wins both of their starts then that team wins the WS.  If they split then it goes seven and with Clay v. Kelly on the mound and all hands on deck it is a total crapshoot.

I may think differently if I had money on it, but since I do not I am going to say Lackey completes his redemption tour by out pitching Wacha and winning MVP.  Sox in 6.

The Cards haven't seen a lineup as deep as the Sox the entire year, so I think their pitching will struggle alot more than they are accustomed too. I thought the hardest team to beat would be Detroit, and I feel pretty confident after we beat them in six games, even though it could be argued that they played better. Hopefully this is just the Sox year and we sweep the Cards to avoid any drama

The Cards haven't seen a lineup as deep as the Sox the entire year, so I think their pitching will struggle alot more than they are accustomed too. I thought the hardest team to beat would be Detroit, and I feel pretty confident after we beat them in six games, even though it could be argued that they played better. Hopefully this is just the Sox year and we sweep the Cards to avoid any drama

The Cards played against the strongest teams in baseball in the NC Central and then had to play them again in the first round of the playoffs.  Wainwright was obviously very off last night.  He couldn't throw a curve ball for a strike and had bad location on his fastball.  The fielding errors weren't like the Cardinals - they're one of the best fielding teams in the league.  The Sox are definitely stout, but to say they're head and shoulders better than any team in the NL is completely homeristic.  

The Cards played against the strongest teams in baseball in the NC Central and then had to play them again in the first round of the playoffs.  Wainwright was obviously very off last night.  He couldn't throw a curve ball for a strike and had bad location on his fastball.  The fielding errors weren't like the Cardinals - they're one of the best fielding teams in the league.  The Sox are definitely stout, but to say they're head and shoulders better than any team in the NL is completely homeristic.  

I'm guessing you meant NL Central?

and I am no means trying to say the Sox are head and shoulders above every team in the NL. what I was trying to say is that I think Detroit is a better team than the Cards, and the Sox beat them, so I felt confident going into the series. 

Wainwright def was off last night, but even when opposing pitchers have been on (ex: Verlander, Scherzer, Sanchez) we have found ways to win. 

I'm guessing you meant NL Central?

and I am no means trying to say the Sox are head and shoulders above every team in the NL. what I was trying to say is that I think Detroit is a better team than the Cards, and the Sox beat them, so I felt confident going into the series. 

Wainwright def was off last night, but even when opposing pitchers have been on (ex: Verlander, Scherzer, Sanchez) we have found ways to win. 

Detroit could be a better team than both STL and Boston when they're healthy.  The Detroit team you beat wasn't the same team.  

Archived