• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Chud's in Cleveland and We're Going to Leave Him There" DWill

rscott94

I'm honestly tired of hearing about Chud. We've got bigger fish to fry, namely the 16 games we play this year.

Disagree. I think if that were the case you would hear comments about new system this and fresh start that. D-Will and Smitty's comments were shots fired and came from emotion.

i hope this goes national so all those obnoxious Browns fans who tried to refute Smitty's claims yesterday have to justify yet another former player saying the same thing about Chud

Did you ever hear the saying "Don't argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."? That sums up Cleveland sports fans. That's not a battle we want to get in to.

Dwill was just coming to Smtty's defense, Cam was tired of Chud as evident by his "Something has to change" conference, Kalil with his subliminal messages about getting the ball to Dwill and Stewart. Chud had all the success in 2011 and started to get big-headed in 2012 trying to convince franchises he was ready to be a coach. 

Disagree. I think if that were the case you would hear comments about new system this and fresh start that. D-Will and Smitty's comments were shots fired and came from emotion.

I'm not faulting Deangelo, he was asked a question by some dipshit reporter and pretty much shot it down.

Still, with our season opener only three days away, I'd rather be talking about our first opponent.

Time will tell with Shula... My concern is his playcalling itself.

But, I get the impression that a huge difference between Shula and Chud right off the bat is that Shula is much more receptive to the players' take on playcalls, strategy, plays, etc. Whereas Chud was a controlling egomaniac who gave little thought to the players and how they fit into his predetermined schemes and plays, and thus gave them little to no autonomy within HIS offense.

I mentioned last season after one of our more disappointing games that in Cam's presser, he basically called Chud out and said "I'm not the one calling plays." Of course, this was in the midst of the media's angry mob coverage of pout-fest after every game, and when I said it here everyone dismissed it and didn't think he was calling Chud out.

Well, I think it's pretty obvious now.

We've got bigger problems to deal with. Namely Shula.

I really disagree with your sentiment on this bro. I think that Shula is going to be a Great OC for us.

He knows these players better than anybody else,

He knows Cams tendencies better than anybody else

He has way more talent than he did in TB

He's had time to reflect and knows the public perception of him as an OC (which he'll correct)

And most importantly imo he saw first hand last year with Chud at the helm, what can happen when you try too hard and things don't work. I think this was a great hire.

I could be wrong... But imo there is NO excuse why he shouldn't be very very successful with the personnel he has been given.

If I end up being wrong, well... Then it will have been another bad year. I think bad years are over with for a long time tbh... We'll experience them again sometime in the future, but we're done with bad years for a while.

I am getting the impression Chud is not well thought of by our offense. I wonder what the owners in Cleveland think about this.

I think the owner in Cleveland is under a federal investigation for fraud at his company. Doubt Dwill and Smitty comments bother him.

Am I the only one that thinks this chatter about Chud from our offensive players is more an indictment of our HEAD coach than our former offensive coordinator?

Head coaches take charge and if there was a problem with the play-calling last year you would hope that it was Rivera that stepped up.

Archived