• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Chud's in Cleveland and We're Going to Leave Him There" DWill

rscott94

Am I the only one that thinks this chatter about Chud from our offensive players is more an indictment of our HEAD coach than our former offensive coordinator?

Head coaches take charge and if there was a problem with the play-calling last year you would hope that it was Rivera that stepped up.

I just always find it ironic, how all these national media love to scrutinize Newton up and down, and very rarely (if ever) bring up his coaching. 

I've been criticizing Rivera (since he got here) and Chud (1st half of last year), dragging down Cam's numbers and the teams execution and wins. Rivera signing off on expanded Read Option play usage (which he admitted to already in an NFL.com article by Albert Breer, earlier this year), sans Two TE Sets, coming out of Cam's Rookie success was almost criminal. Many called it on the spot, when we all saw the games unfold the first half of 2012. So yes I agree with you. 

After saying all that. Save the anger and attitude for the field against Seattle Panthers. 

Players blaming anyone other than themselves for sub par performance is a load of horse poo. How long will it be before they are pointing fingers at each other when things go south. Seems like it's always someone elses fault with Smitty and DWill. There were plenty of opportunities to turn a few of those L's into W's last year with a little better execution.

Players blaming anyone other than themselves for sub par performance is a load of horse poo. How long will it be before they are pointing fingers at each other when things go south. Seems like it's always someone elses fault with Smitty and DWill. There were plenty of opportunities to turn a few of those L's into W's last year with a little better execution.

I'd agree but I saw the difference in the offense when he stopped trying to be a genius, and just called the damn offense. So in this case I give the players a pass, any intelligent fan was clamoring for an offensive change BEFORE we were 2-6. See Cam's interview after one of our games I forget which one, but that said it all right there. The sh!t wasn't working, you gonna blame that on players...? Then we switch to a traditonal style and we succeed and we don't credit the players we praise the OC, lol ok...

Archived