• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CO---Cam Newton, Luke Kuechly: The cornerstones of the Carolina Panthers future

teeray

I never called it elite, now did I? Cam's decision-making is above average. It's no different than Brees' in his third season. In fact, Cam's decision-making was significantly better last year. That's growth and improvement.

Point? Rich Gannon had so-so footwork until mid-way through his career. It comes down to the coaching staff. The fact is Cam didn't start playing QB right off the bat. His mechanics remain raw. Thus far, I say our coaching staff has been mixed-adequate.

You say you're not confident in Cam ever reaching elite status but I wouldn't be making predictions since no one saw Cam taking over the NFL in his rookie season.

You need to re read what I wrote. Never said I wasnt confident, merely I wasnt 100% confident in Cam becoming elite like I was in Luke becoming elite. Hell Luke is already elite imo. 

I am quite confident in Cam becoming a darn good QB. If I see some significant progress this season than maybe ill be alot more confident in him becoming elite. 

You need to re read what I wrote. Never said I wasnt confident, merely I wasnt 100% confident in Cam becoming elite like I was in Luke becoming elite. Hell Luke is already elite imo.

I am quite confident in Cam becoming a darn good QB. If I see some significant progress this season than maybe ill be alot more confident in him becoming elite.

You aren't making a damn bit of sense.

You say Luke is already elite after one season and being DROY, yet say Cam is unlikely to be elite after being OROY and having the two best first seasons statistically by a QB ever. Only Dan Marino had more TD's at this stage.

Just stop.

, Cam's decision-making was significantly better last year. That's growth and improvement.

Actually contrary to popular belief I thought his decision making was better than his rookie year even in the first 8 games, even though he was struggling.  It of course got even better in the second half of the season.

If he can continue that progression, he will be in very good shape very soon.  Hopefully this season he picks up where he left off.

You aren't making a damn bit of sense.

You say Luke is already elite after one season and being DROY, yet say Cam is unlikely to be elite after being OROY and having the two best first seasons statistically by a QB ever. Only Dan Marino had more TD's at this stage.

Just stop.

Luke isnt elite due to winning the DROY. He is elite due to his IQ/instincts and his athleticism. 

I am glad you have zero doubt that Cam will be an elite QB (top 5) and lead us to greatness. 

Me on the other hand, will be alittle bit more cautious and take a wait and see approach. 

Luke isnt elite due to winning the DROY. He is elite due to his IQ/instincts and his athleticism.

I am glad you have zero doubt that Cam will be an elite QB (top 5) and lead us to greatness.

Me on the other hand, will be alittle bit more cautious and take a wait and see approach.

That's the dumbest poo I've read here in awhile. You pretty much just repeated what you said before, but completely fail to realize how ridiculous it sounds. Also, I never said Luke or Cam were elite. Im quoting your drivel.

That's the dumbest poo I've read here in awhile. You pretty much just repeated what you said before, but completely fail to realize how ridiculous it sounds. Also, I never said Luke or Cam were elite. Im quoting your drivel.

Was responding to your assertion/comment of winning DROY or OROY. Has nothing to do with someone being elite. Sure its a good sign, but it alone without looking at other factors is useless. 

So what are you arguing or trying to disprove? Here are my claims to help you out. 

1) Luke is elite and/or further along/more complete at his position than Cam

2) Cam is not elite, and has some things to improve on (footwork & decision making)

3) Assuming 100% that Cam will become an elite QB is a tad bit optimistic and potentially setting yourself up for disappointment. 

Was responding to your assertion/comment of winning DROY or OROY. Has nothing to do with someone being elite. Sure its a good sign, but it alone without looking at other factors is useless.

So what are you arguing or trying to disprove? Here are my claims to help you out.

2) Cam is not elite, and has some things to improve on (footwork & decision making)

3) Assuming 100% that Cam will become an elite QB is a tad bit optimistic and potentially setting yourself up for disappointment.

If you can't even see how illogical and contradictory your statements are, there is nothing to converse about.

Lmao there is no contradiction.

Enlighten me so I can get a chuckle and refute any nonsense you spout.

Are you drunk? You're literally comparing where a second year MLB is to a third year QB. Honestly, I'm not sure why I thought you would be the slightest bit rational in this conversation after reading your draft threads.

Archived