• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FF: Best website

CanadianCat

ok so Im resisting the temtations to go out and buy a mag. So what Ive been wanting to do is just subscribe to a site and get my info that way.

Here is what Im looking at.

ESPN $39.99 1 year- you get 26 mags and 'insider' access

Thehuddle.com 24.95 1 year - just website (but good info)

Thoughts??

Well, honestly, I can tell you that I use them all. I use Google quite liberally in my quest to find out information, so depending on one site is not my modus operandi. Not that I am a FF genius or anything (yet), but I have only played 3X and won two championships (and had a great look at the other one). I go looking for information by using search terms (e.g. "rookie rb prospects 2009"). That being said I usually use the basic sites, rotoworld.com and cbssports.com for general info. More more detailed info I will look at nfl.com and espn.go.com.

There is another site that I look at, particularly for pre-draft info but I don't know if I want to give that one out. Moreover, during the season I like to check out and see what Matthew Berry has to say, and I keep up with the Sunday Morning program Fantasy Football Today. I also watch preseason games.

There are so many sites out there, that there's really no need to get a magazine. Things are always changing anyway, and by the time that you get a publication in the mail, information might be dated. And, why pay for a web site's information when you can get basically the same information for free from so many other places?

If you don't remember anything else I've said, remember that Google is your friend.

I just play for fun and use the free version on Yahoo and already got my team lined up. Of course my team is modled after the beloved Carolina Panthers...but here is my team.

QB 1- Jake Delhomme - Carolina Panthers

QB 2- Chad Pennington - Miami Dolphins

RB 1- DeAngelo Williams - Carolina Panthers

RB 2- Jonathan Stewart - Carolina Panthers

RB 3- Tim Hightower - Arizona Cardinals

RB 4- Dominic Rhodes - Buffalo Bills (Might grabing Hoover or Goodson to replace him)

WR 1- Steve Smith - Carolina Panthers

WR 2- Lance Moore - New Orleans Saints

WR 3- Muhsin Muhammad - Carolina Panthers

WR 4- Isaac Bruce - San Francisco 49ers

WR 5- Antwaan Randle El - Washington Redskins (May grab Goodson to replace him)

WR 6- Malcom Floyd - San Diego Chargers (May grab Jarrett to replace him)

TE- Anthony Fasano - Miami Dolphins (King, Rosario, Barnidge, Davie may replace him)

K- John Kasay - Carolina Panthers

Defense- Carolina Panthers

Archived