• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How do you feel about the Panthers playing in merry old England?

SIGCHI222

I make it to one Panthers game a year (dammit, I live in Richmond, VA) so it's not like I'm missing attending a game by sending the Panthers to England, but I still don't like the idea of it.  Not a bit.  Goodell should die for pushing this crap.  If the NFL is so hell-bent on expanding the NFL fan base, it needs to begin with a league BASED in Europe, not pushing teams around the globe…a global league is impossibly complex and unworkable unless we also implement the as-yet-uninvented teleportation device to alleviate transportation nightmares.  And as I recall, there WAS an NFL Europe aka World League of American Football, and it went belly-up. So no, it's a bad idea, as is European football (and dentition).

There has been games in Mexico before. If the Panthers came here I would be ecstatic. They would more than likely play in Mexico city. That's far but id go.

wait, I respect this guy...  I at least hope he will provide tequila shots as Panther fans require..  yanno, 4 winning seasons in 30+..  give or take...  

I make it to one Panthers game a year (dammit, I live in Richmond, VA) so it's not like I'm missing attending a game by sending the Panthers to England, but I still don't like the idea of it.  Not a bit.  Goodell should die for pushing this crap.  If the NFL is so hell-bent on expanding the NFL fan base, it needs to begin with a league BASED in Europe, not pushing teams around the globe…a global league is impossibly complex and unworkable unless we also implement the as-yet-uninvented teleportation device to alleviate transportation nightmares.  And as I recall, there WAS an NFL Europe aka World League of American Football, and it went belly-up. So no, it's a bad idea, as is European football (and dentition).

the original pantherdan was the poo...  LIAG may still have him caged in the basement, but we will not speak of such situations...

Hope it happens. It would take some serious scheduling but make it a Tuesday night game just before the two playing teams have their byes. They get extra time to accommodate the flying.

They are professionals. Many business pros fly around the world weekly and land/negotiate mega deals for much less money than these guys make.

While we are at it, make the season 18 games long with 2 preseason games. More revenue and PSL owners get to see an extra game each year.

"Sending money oversees" is a bit shortsighted. Nfl and it's teams are American owned--drawing more world money into American companies is only a good thing.

Sorry but 'business pros' don't work in a sport that takes a literal physical toll on their bodies. Players who have spoken out about it tend to hate the idea.

Ditto the 18 game season. Fans aren't generally too high on that one either.

Which points up one of Roger Goodell's major failings. While I like what he's done with league discipline, he keeps talking up stuff like the 18 game season and teams in L.A. and London as things 'the fans want', which is crap.

Sorry but 'business pros' don't work in a sport that takes a literal physical toll on their bodies. Players who have spoken out about it tend to hate the idea.

Ditto the 18 game season. Fans aren't generally too high on that one either.

Which points up one of Roger Goodell's major failings. While I like what he's done with league discipline, he keeps talking up stuff like the 18 game season and teams in L.A. and London as things 'the fans want', which is crap.

The owners want both, Goodell doesn't have a choice in talking it up.

Archived