• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Official 2014 Head Coaching Search / Candidate Thread

Dash Global

I thought you could leave for a promotion?

Jackson runs the same system as Chud ran.

Not nonsense assuming Jackson can leave Bengals due to a promotion.

That only constitutes starting black Monday and moving forward. The mcdaniels loop hole was closed two years ago.

And just because he runs a vertical passing game doesn't mean it's the same system. Different play names, different motions, routes, etc.

So yeah, nonsense.

I don't think anybody is questioning that Sumlin is a good COLLEGE coach. I just don't feel like his style will translate to the NFL.

Again, I want NFL experience.

By the way, what are everybody's thought on Pep Hamilton?

Sent from my XT907 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I thought you could leave for a promotion?

Jackson runs the same system as Chud ran.

Not nonsense assuming Jackson can leave Bengals due to a promotion.

Also, Lovie runs. Tampa 2 which we don't have the corners and safeties who can run it. And it's vastly different than what we run now.

That only constitutes starting black Monday and moving forward. The mcdaniels loop hole was closed two years ago.

And just because he runs a vertical passing game doesn't mean it's the same system. Different play names, different motions, routes, etc.

So yeah, nonsense.

What / when is black Monday? 

I want to bitch slap JR and DG for even thinking about hiring / promoting Shula to OC. 

Jesus Christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, Lovie runs. Tampa 2 which we don't have the corners and safeties who can run it. And it's vastly different than what we run now.

Id keep Sean as DC. 

Regardless of who the HC is going forward. 

Unless you can hire someone more proven, but I dont see that happening. 

He has proven himself as a solid DC. 

What / when is black Monday?

I want to bitch slap JR and DG for even thinking about hiring / promoting Shula to OC.

Jesus Christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black Monday is the name of the Monday following the last Sunday of the regular season. When coaches all get fired.

Id keep Sean as DC.

Regardless of who the HC is going forward.

Unless you can hire someone more proven, but I dont see that happening.

He has proven himself as a solid DC.

Then why bring Lovie? The coach should decide his system and his coaches. Not have someone forced on him.

Gruden already said he wants to coach cam. Last offseason he said he had a staff and playbook in place for cam and the panthers...Richardson didn't pick up the phone.

Name a QB that Gruden developed.

It just doesn't feel right if this kinda thread isn't started by Mr. Scot

:lol:

When it's official, then I'll start researching.  Till then, it's all speculative.

Chip Kelly said that he wasn't leaving Oregon in the offseason.

And his mind changed coincidentally around the time news of likely NCAA penalties was coming out.

Look up Shaw's comments for yourself.  Tell me if he sounds like a man who's wavering at all.

Probably going to the Perry Fewell, DC from the Giants.

Given how the Giants look this season, it'd be a hard sell to go for anyone from there.

And his mind changed coincidentally around the time news of likely NCAA penalties was coming out.

Look up Shaw's comments for yourself.  Tell me if he sounds like a man who's wavering at all.

Given how the Giants look this season, it'd be a hard sell to go for anyone from there.

Can't you just let me have this little piece of hope?  David Shaw is a man's man, and he lives by his word first then backs it up with actions.  I'm just hoping Stanford does something special like win a championship so he feels accomplished enough to give us a shot in this league.

Can't you just let me have this little piece of hope?  David Shaw is a man's man, and he lives by his word first then backs it up with actions.  I'm just hoping Stanford does something special like win a championship so he feels accomplished enough to give us a shot in this league.

I'd love for you to have hope, but I don't think hoping for Shaw is realistic.

This guy who 'lives by his word' has said he wants to coach at Stanford until his kids graduate from there, and he has a two year old.

Don't mean to be a downer, but that's a hope that likely gets dashed :(

Archived