• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

newton presser

Carolina Panthers @Panthers 2m

Newton: "I have full confidence in our offensive line. We're in this together. A lot of those sacks, I could have been better."

Amazing, the Packers O-line were well criticized when Rogers got sacked twice earlier this season. But when it comes to the Panthers, everything is:  "Cam needs to do better."

I guess this is what folks like Mike Mayock, Steve Marriuci and others in the media, NFLN/ESPN in particular, meant when they said that they will never stop scutinizing Cam. I guess they won't until he is burnt-out and officially out of the NFL in a couple of years thanks to this team, cause you know Cam is so well smeared by the media that no other team is going to take a chance with him. They can then pat themselves on their backs and say that they were right all along about "this kid" being "lazy..a me first... and not a team player." He was another "Vince Young " big, strong, and talented but with "mental and emotional issues."

Sad reality of the NFL Culture these days, when it comes to certain QBs. Cam and Luck may have been drafted at number 1 in their respective years but it's clear they are not treated equally and the same by those in the media nor their teams.

This thread is actually about a damn press conference. It's already delved into the usual because, well, it's the Carolina Huddle.

in which he is admitting failure and areas to improve.  what is more Huddle is the deflection onto everyone else but Cam.  You are a big time deflector, probably the biggest going right now.

Blurb from TMQ:

"Ron Rivera, Pack Your Bags: Cam Newton was 25-1 as a starter in college, and is 14-22 as a starter in the NFL. But football is a team sport. Three-time Pro Bowler Ryan Kalil barely even slowed his man on the safety that put Arizona in command in the third quarter. And should coaches really have called 48 passing plays for Newton versus 16 rushes for the team's running backs? The safety occurred when, ball on the 5, Panthers coaches radioed in a play that had Newton sprint backward into his own end zone. That's a call for an expert quarterback such as Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers, not for Newton."

Here's a screencap from a random incomplete pass play I chose from coaches film.

I guarantee you, this was not the only one where Cam has absolutely 0 possibilities to get rid of the ball:

f5c7qb.png

This needs its own thread so people can shut up. he's holding the ball because nobody is open.

in which he is admitting failure and areas to improve.  what is more Huddle is the deflection onto everyone else but Cam.  You are a big time deflector, probably the biggest going right now.

I guess I'm just going to need to have a preset response for this. Since it's the only argument I seem to get.

Quote me one time where I've ever said Cam is "a future HOFer", "100% perfect", "beyond any criticism", or "nothing is his fault".

This needs its own thread so people can shut up. he's holding the ball because nobody is open.

no the bigger problem was the collapsing pocket, Smith was on his way to being open enough for the timing route, although very tight.

edit:  i should have added, that in max protect, this is even more embarrassing.

no the bigger problem was the collapsing pocket, Smith was on his way to being open enough for the timing route, although very tight.

If someone was open he could get the ball out. Look at where the routes are. Where is the check down? You have to design plays that compensate for your oline. People say Cam needs to get the ball out quicker while sitting at home on their coach then bitch when he throws it to the other team.

I guess I'm just going to need to have a preset response for this. Since it's the only argument I seem to get.

Quote me one time where I've ever said Cam is "a future HOFer", "100% perfect", "beyond any criticism", or "nothing is his fault".

i dont have to, you immediately went straight to the dropped passes, which totally fugged our early momentum.  do you really have to go to that extreme to disprove my point?

If someone was open he could get the ball out. Look at where the routes are. Where is the check down? You have to design plays that compensate for your oline. People say Cam needs to get the ball out quicker while sitting at home on their coach then bitch when he throws it to the other team.

that was just one play, a horrible one at that for us to max protect and we still couldnt do it.  that doesnt mean any other time someone is wrong, but yes, a proper adjustment would to have a quick read on every play with all the blitzes they were bringing.

I mean he looked pretty fuging terrible on Sunday,

Did you see the rest of your team play or were your eyes glued on Cam? The team wasn't much help, dropping balls all over the place.  And the O-line was like blinds against the other teams Defense.

But I guess you were to busy focusing on Cam so you can join the bangwagon of critics. Clearly that's the bandwagon to be on. The Panthers needing to stop blaming their QB and get their acts together isn't  a good bandwagon most of you want to be on because that takes way to much reality check. Blaming a media scrutinized QB is way easier.

Five years later...still the same blame game and mess..

Archived