• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Meeks will prove to be the best acquisition of the offseason

pstall

Meeks has had some good Ds with subpar talent. I was impressed with his D in 2007 with the colts and the playoff D when the colts won the SB. They stuffed the run when they utterly sucked at it during the reg. season.

That said, from what I have seen, I would toss him in the nearest dumpster and bring back turgovac.

I can't believe I just said that.

i miss the days when the panthers defense was intimidating. IMO we haven't had that kind of benefit since 2005. Yea in 06 we finished 7th overall but let's not forget they had some notoriously bad outings (among them that atlanta 250 yard rushing performance in week one) and they kinda balanced it out with some dominant ones (St Louis shutout) but they were also known for collapsing during the course of a game that year.

It's not necessarily the scheme I'm concerned about it's the tackling. It sucks a big fat dick. Other than that I like our LB depth, our DE depth is also nice and I think our secondary has the potential to be great, but that DT situation we're in needs to be remedied, and fast.

i miss the days when the panthers defense was intimidating. IMO we haven't had that kind of benefit since 2005. Yea in 06 we finished 7th overall but let's not forget they had some notoriously bad outings (among them that atlanta 250 yard rushing performance in week one) and they kinda balanced it out with some dominant ones (St Louis shutout) but they were also known for collapsing during the course of a game that year.

Pretty much.

I'm not even that perturbed by "bend but don't break" necessarily but to make that work a defense has to force turnovers and get stops on 3rd down & in the RZ....eventually. They aren't doing this and haven't been that great at it IIRC since 2005 (not the third down part, they've sucked at that for years, the turnover part).

Pretty much.

I'm not even that perturbed by "bend but don't break" necessarily but to make that work a defense has to force turnovers and get stops on 3rd down & in the RZ....eventually. They aren't doing this and haven't been that great at it IIRC since 2005 (not the third down part, they've sucked at that for years, the turnover part).

I guess that's why we need the front four to perform better. Pressure causes mistakes which lead to turnovers and 3rd down stops.

Archived