• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Meeks will prove to be the best acquisition of the offseason

pstall

I hope anyway.

Comes in and instills discipline, the Cover 2 or a variation and if the mistakes can be cut down and guys know and play their roles, I think the boys do well.

I am like you. I surely hope he is able to turn things around. I would so love to have a tough defense that plays smart and makes few mistakes. It was really upsetting to see how many times we would hold a team in the past few years only to give up a big play on third down as our secondary was out of position or one of our linemen gets free in the backfield only to wiff on an easy sack. If Meeks can help us play defense like Tampa played using a similar system, we will be tough to beat.

I hope anyway.

Comes in and instills discipline, the Cover 2 or a variation and if the mistakes can be cut down and guys know and play their roles, I think the boys do well.

I think we'll see the marked improvement in season 2 under his stewardship

I think we'll see the marked improvement in season 2 under his stewardship

You are probably right. It should take some game experience before everyone learns their roles and stop making mistakes. Hopefully they still show progress this year as well. After last year's collapse it won't be that hard.

No, the biggest acquisition was in getting Peppers to turn around and want to sign a long term agreement. After that it's Meeks, sure. Some could argue that it was Meeks that got him to want it, but I would argue that it was more that nobody else wanted him at the price in this economy... I'm sure he also didn't mind Meeks being here, but that wasn't his main motivation IMO...

I hope anyway.

I'm glad you brought this up, it allows me to post my Motivational Poster again!

motivatorbf570c0cc1e619ce0a6297d777.jpg

No, the biggest acquisition was in getting Peppers to turn around and want to sign a long term agreement. After that it's Meeks, sure. Some could argue that it was Meeks that got him to want it, but I would argue that it was more that nobody else wanted him at the price in this economy... I'm sure he also didn't mind Meeks being here, but that wasn't his main motivation IMO...

Look at it this way, our defense with Trgo and Peppers last year wasn't really all that great. I think the Meeks hiring not only helped get Pep to want to sign long-term, but also re-energized the rest of our defense. Everyone is excited about it and I personally can't wait to see what they do under his guidance.

Archived