• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Atlanta Braves are Getting a New Stadium

Herbert The Love Bug

I think they are trying to get Atlanta's attention with this one. If they don't want to come up with some money, then it's out of downtown.

I'm interested in seeing the plans for the proposal, especially making it mixed use and a destination all year long. 2017 really isn't that far away for a design and construction of that type, so I'd expect to see something soon.

Sadly this is already turning into a race thing.

I have heard so many times that the black community that lives around the stadium is upset about it.

One of the many problems with its downtown location is the neighborhoods surrounding it. If you have ever been, there are some streets that are simply not safe if you make the wrong turn. And there is a lot of rif-raft you have to deal with when you park your car and walk into the stadium. People literally got straight to the game, then immediately leave the area as quick as possible.

The great thing with the new location, is that they can build up multi use property around the stadium. This move is all about the money. If the braves can control the land around it, and make every ballpark experience an all day event (I.e. Retail and restaurants) then it is more money they make. Plus, there is only one hotel nearby, which makes it hard for fans to travel to Atlanta to come see the game. The new area they are building on has a ton of hotels.

I read a stat that the games on Monday-Thursday nights, attendance is like 30-40%. You can't have a successful business with those types of numbers. And it because all of the season ticket holding fans live OTP, and no one wants to drive through all that traffic ITP to goto a game. With a new fan experience, you can now go see a game, take the family out to dinner, do some shopping, in an area where it is easy to park and safe.

This is a win for the Braves and a win for the Fans.

Go Bravos!

Yep the Ted is in the hood surrounded by interstates and ghetto. No where to develop make a safe environment for families. If they had built in midtown or in centennial park it would be fine but its current location is hardly the downtown view when compared to the Pittsburgh's, st Louis and CHARLOTTE's of the world.

Anyone who has ever been to Phoenix knows how awesome a developed stadium area can be. This is what the Braves will have. Literally 10 minutes from my fam in Marietta..they are all really excited about this move already go to 10+ games a year.. will be getting season tickets now. Sure traffic will be an issue but traffic there is already shitty so at least now there is a reason why.

Also look for Detroit to make a similar move down the road when their lease is up

20 years old. Paid for by the Olympics donations and placed in the ghetto. So taxpayers are not missing out. New stadium funded by hotel tax in ATL. Mostly paid for by out of owners. Awesome.

Yeah I heard that afterwards.  Couldn't believe it was that old.  I guess in 5 years the Panthers will be screaming for a new one.

Archived