• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking at NE. How will we fare against Brady if the front can't get any pressure?

janderson20vt

I don't see a lot of Panther games - do they commonly put in a lot of sub packages on the D side of the ball? If they do, that will help the Pats. Once Brady sees the right combo on the field, he'll go no huddle and keep that group on the field.

If they are in a nickle / dime defense, more rushes; the other way, go 4 / 5 wide, get the defense winded and confused.

Few if any other teams in the league can do it. It takes a Brady or Manning to execute it, along with a well-disciplined team. Pats couldn't do it much early in the season (too many new pieces on the O). Only saw it in action a lot agains tthe Saints so far this year. I expect to see a lot of it this Monday night.

I'm not really sure how you game plan to stop our DTs. Roll outs are the only way and that's not going to work. Good luck Pats, your going to need it.

This is why our defense is playing so well. Our corners are VERY physical and excel in press coverage off the line. Remember, we no longer have Norman giving 80 yard cushions at the snap. If they play 3 step drops all game then White, Captain, and Florence - not to mention TD and Keek - are going to be busting their soft receivers in the mouth over and over again """at the line"""

What he said

Don't know the Panthers well, but, after reading this board, I'd say the Pats will sell out to stop the run and stifle Olsen, then force Cam to win the game.

The Pats have not seen a defense even close to the Panthers.

I will say this VERRRRRY SLOWWWW for you Chowdah Heads.....The Niners gained a total of 4 yards the ENTIRE 4th quarter last week. 

You will not run on us....and we will hit Brady.  That is a fact.  The question is how will YOU adjust to us.

Don't know the Panthers well, but, after reading this board, I'd say the Pats will sell out to stop the run and stifle Olsen, then force Cam to win the game.

Don't let the 49ers game fool you. Cam has been carving up defenses this season and if he thinks he will stop the run to force cam to throw then he will be surprised at how the game turns out. 

As always, the Pats d gives up a lot of yards, hence that ranking, but they aren't giving up a lot of points this year, especially in the red zone.

The 30th ranked run defense can sell out all they want there still going to get punched in the mouth and lose that battle...

Tom Brady devolves into a very average QB once he's been put on the turf a few times. His feet start jumping like he's on "Dancing With the Stars" and he lets passes fly a split second too early.

That being said, Carolina needs to ensure that a sack on Tom Brady needs to be prefaced with a pillow-fluffing, turn down the sheets and make sure he's comfortable on the turf because the game is on Monday night. The refs will call anything Tom Brady tells them to, the refs will favor the Patriots and the refs will make sure Tom Brady continues as the golden boy of the NFL.

I don't see a lot of Panther games - do they commonly put in a lot of sub packages on the D side of the ball? If they do, that will help the Pats. Once Brady sees the right combo on the field, he'll go no huddle and keep that group on the field.

If they are in a nickle / dime defense, more rushes; the other way, go 4 / 5 wide, get the defense winded and confused.

Few if any other teams in the league can do it. It takes a Brady or Manning to execute it, along with a well-disciplined team. Pats couldn't do it much early in the season (too many new pieces on the O). Only saw it in action a lot agains tthe Saints so far this year. I expect to see a lot of it this Monday night.

That the thing about our whole line. We do not have to sub, all of our DTs can rush the passer and pass rush. No huddle would play into our favor because we can get pressure with 4 or even more pressure when we use our LBs.

Archived