• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Newton have the strongest arm in the NFL?

Watching Breesus and Ryan tonight and seeing how they float it (it works for them most of the time) and then re-watching some of the highlights from the other night had me thinking.... does Cam have the most RPM's on the ball of any Qb in the NFL?

Other guys I consider to have pretty big arms:

Kaepernick

Flacco

Tannehill

Stafford

Cutler

Roethlisberger

But I wouldn't put any of those guys ahead of Cam.

I tought floating the ball was a bad thing or is it only bad with Cam?

I tought floating the ball was a bad thing or is it only bad with Cam?

I have zero complaints and have never had a complaint with the way our QB throws the ball. I think now that we are a perennial postseason team its going to be even more important, late in the year, on the road, in the elements... you need a guy whose game and skills travel well. On a windy day in Lambeau, or in Seattle, or in New York down the stretch or in the playoffs Cam will not have trouble sligning it... where even some of the elite guys with only average arms will be affected and the gameplan will need tailored. We will NEVER need to alter a gameplan because Cam can't make a throw. Ever. That is a secure feeling as a fan IMO.

Vick has a huge arm but I don't think its stronger then Newtons

Oh I agree that newton has more actual arm strength I think Stafford probably has the biggest right now..Cam has a big lean back motion when he throws deep . But what I meant was Vick has the best lb for lb like if vick was 6-5 he'd prolly have a bigger one too cause he'd have the higher launch point. Kinda like a lifter can have way less overall weight lifted in competition but still be the strongeat lb for lb.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived