• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Invoice for playoff tickets

MadHatter

Here's what I have to say regarding the whole without PSLs there would not be a team - some of you guys must be too young or weren't around or wasn't paying attention to remember what it was like when JR was working to get this team.  You must not have been glued to your televisions that night waiting for the announcement that the owners chose us.  And I remember that first announcement - "They're printing t-shirts !!!!!"  WBTV had planted themselves outside the t-shirt factory that would be printing the first t-shirts if we got the team and they started printing them before the press conference.  They scooped the official announcement by about 15 minutes to half an hour - I can't remember exactly how long it was.  The day PSLs went on sale - over 40,000 were ordered - on the first day.  That was KEY to getting the attention of the owners that this region would support the team.  People who bought sent in real cash without knowing we'd ever have a team.  We didn't know where our seats would be.  We picked which area were wanted and ranked them in order - section A,B,C,D,E,F,G, Club1, Club 2, Club 3.  We found out must later where our seats were and it was decided randomly.  I often had people ask me (long after we had the team and I had tickets and they wished they did, but didn't) - what made you even think about getting your PSLs.  My answer then - and now remains - it never occurred to me NOT to. 

Google is your friend - I suggest digging deep if you really want to find out all the details about how this team was born.  We were the only team chosen that night when the plan was to select 2.  The Panthers hit it out of the park. 

Regarding that guy "plopping" a team in Houston - Houston lost their team and the NFL has done everything they can do to have a new team put back in many of those cities.  So the NFL WANTED another team in Houston.  If JR would have wanted to put a team back in Houston back then, it would have been much easier for him.  He wanted one here - and nobody believed that this area would support it so he had a lot to prove.  To prove it and he had to build a stadium and prove he had the support of the fans.  PSLs did that.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2011/10/26/In-The-Studio/Muhleman.aspx

I got to spend a day at Max Muhlemans house back in the late 90s working on some computer stuff. I LOVED the man, he was so kind and free with his time discussing the Panthers. He loves the city, and loves pro sports and is in some ways the kind of opposite of Jerry Richardson in style.

PSLs made the Panthers happen and the video shows how it actually evolved from the Hornets coming to Charlotte.

Charlotte guy Max Mulhem (sp) invented the PSL concept.

There needs to be more flexibility with them. No refund option freaking stupid. If that's the case just send the invoice after the first game.

In many ways this adds to the merloting of football fans.

Not saying some psl owners here don't get fired up but many psl owners just want to be seen or make sure you know they own psl's.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Moved out of NC last year. I wish I was still in the state. If so, I'd definitely be a PSL owner. Right now, all I can do is go to the games when they play NO or when they play HOU.

So you went to hell?  I'm sorry.

j/k Aggie, I have lived in that part of the country.  Not exactly paradise.

Whats-my-name-1.gif

Archived