• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers believe Jonathan Stewart has torn MCL

Car123

I've always liked you as a poster, but that's not a good look man, especially for a mod.

There's a fine line. Karma always finds it's way back to people like the dirty Saints players. No need for us to stoop to their level.

Well, let me amend that. I don't wish injuries on their players, but I won't cry if they happen to become injured lol.

Sorry Red, but they are despicable and Stew's injury is yet more proof of that. That play was over.

Well, let me amend that. I don't wish injuries on their players, but I won't cry if they happen to become injured lol.

Sorry Red, but they are despicable and Stew's injury is yet more proof of that. That play was over.

Fair enough. To clarify, I cannot stand the Saints, or their players. No arguments from me there.

As for the Stewart injury, I completely agree. This is the sort of thing they have been doing to us for years. I expect fines...

You can't really say that. If Cam breaks his neck last week he doesn't become a bad draft pick. Stewart and Otah were monsters on the field when healthy, and you can't decline to draft good players on the chance they could get hurt.

Stewart wasn't a good pick because we already spent a first round pick on a back 2 years back. Otah turned out to be even worse because of what it took to get back in the first round, and what we got was a guy who didn't want to play through pain and had no work ethic.

Plus, it's not like these issues were new. Stewart had ankle problems in Oregon. Enough of an issue to threaten his draftability in the first. The panthers checked him out and took him on good faith that those problems were behind him. Turns out they weren't. Misfire. Otah was known to be soft in college. He ended up carrying that rep over to the major leagues. Misfire.

When I saw the way they tackled him on that last play, I had a bad feeling.

Won't surprise me if that's the last we see of him as a Panther, maybe even in the NFL :(

I didn't see what really happened in real time, but seeing the replay was painful. Not surprised he tore something. Terrible situation for him. Can't see him with us next year, maybe not even in the league.

Archived