• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rookie Scirrotto no longer hamstrung

scpanther22

i could see some competition for a backup safety spot

"My agent said I had a choice to go to one of three teams," Scirrotto said. "With Carolina, it was just the best opportunity, and it just fit me right.

"The biggest thing is where you think you'll have the best opportunity to make the 53-man roster. I knew that they had veteran safeties. The backup opportunity is there, but I'm going to play everywhere they want me -- special teams, I can run down the field and tackle, catch punts, do whatever they ask."

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-1/rookie-scirrotto-no-longer-hamstrung/df4c5108-135d-439b-a212-0cf224bac676

the dude is going to be a workhorse jack of all trades.

i don't see him being starting caliber but i do see him being one of those guys who is very solid everytime and in every situation he is called on.

i like him. he'll be on that 53 man roster.

i don't see him being starting caliber but i do see him being one of those guys who is very solid everytime and in every situation he is called on.

true..but i think his biggest competion will be fields..his speed will help him a lot more in this scheme.

I think the kid's got potential to stick also. I personally would'nt mind if he supplanted Nate Salley. I like Salley's ability to lay the wood, but his aggressiveness has caused unnecessary injuries to our own players i.e. Steve Smith and Ryne Robinson the last two minicamps and we really can't afford to lose too many contributors on the team due to TC. Add to this, Salley's a liability in coverage and limited to special teams, and Scirrotto may be an upgrade there as a backup safety and special teams player.

Im not sold on the kid yet, watching a lot of Penn State games (Big Ten network on local cable package) they showed alot of their games and just wasn't impressed by the kid. He never gave up but was not very good of providing cover support in the pass but if he is going to be used to special teams he may do alright...idk

Im not sold on the kid yet, watching a lot of Penn State games (Big Ten network on local cable package) they showed alot of their games and just wasn't impressed by the kid. He never gave up but was not very good of providing cover support in the pass but if he is going to be used to special teams he may do alright...idk

me 2....not sold at all.usc abused him and i doubt he is better than salley.

Playing devils advocate...

We are quickly running out of roster spots and it seems like all of our UDFA are going to make the team based on comments on this board. I hope all these guys were just overlooked and are true finds but reality says that only 1 or 2 have a legitimate shot at sticking. I think in his best case, he is an UDFA rookie who will be competing with Joe Fields for a roster spot. (an UDFA on the practice squad).

Hope I am wrong but I doubt it.

Playing devils advocate...

We are quickly running out of roster spots and it seems like all of our UDFA are going to make the team based on comments on this board. I hope all these guys were just overlooked and are true finds but reality says that only 1 or 2 have a legitimate shot at sticking. I think in his best case, he is an UDFA rookie who will be competing with Joe Fields for a roster spot. (an UDFA on the practice squad).

Hope I am wrong but I doubt it.

this is what i'm thinking the 53 man roster will look like and joe fields won't be on it.

QB: jake, mccown, moore

RB: dwill, stewart, goodson*

FB: hoover, fiammetta

TE: king, barnidge, rosario

WR: smith, robinson*

WR: moose, jarrett

LT: gross, cadogen

LG: wharton, bernadeau

C: kalil

RG: vincent, duke

RT: otah, schwartz

____

LDE: brayton, johnson

LDT: kemo, harvey

RDT: lewis, irvin, hayden

RDE: peppers, brown, taylor

SLB: diggs, ivy

MLB: beason, connor

WLB: davis, landon johnson

LCB: marshall, sherrod, munnerlyn*

RCB: gamble, cj wilson

SS: harris, scirrotto

FS: godfrey, salley

STs:

kasay, baker, lloyd, mr. longsnapper

*potential returners

this is what i'm thinking the 53 man roster will look like and joe fields won't be on it.

QB: jake, mccown, moore

RB: dwill, stewart, goodson*

FB: hoover, fiammetta

TE: king, barnidge, rosario

WR: smith, robinson*

WR: moose, jarrett

LT: gross, cadogen

LG: wharton, bernadeau

C: kalil

RG: vincent, duke

RT: otah, schwartz

____

LDE: brayton, johnson

LDT: kemo, harvey

RDT: lewis, irvin, hayden

RDE: peppers, brown, taylor

SLB: diggs, udfa miller or ivy

MLB: beason, connor

WLB: davis, landon johnson

LCB: marshall, sherrod, munnerlyn*

RCB: gamble, cj wilson

SS: harris, scirrotto

FS: godfrey, salley

STs:

kasay, baker, lloyd, mr. longsnapper

*potential returners

i think the speed of joe fields will help him more in this scheme

and miller is gone..but things i have read on ivy says he is slow..and that wont help him in a meeks def.plus i think connor will be the backup to both spots

i dont think hayden makes the team

Archived