• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why are dumb sport analysts worshiped?

hdevonxz

What ever happened to the good ol' days when just the facts were dicsussed, or at least an opinion was presented in a clear and non ignorant way. Now it seems like the only thing that matters is how loud, personal, and annoying you present yourself on the air.

Guys like Skip Bayless, that prick on sports nation, and Jim Rome make it seem like ESPN is more concerned with winning over the people that watch Jerry Springer.

Something is wrong when "TV personalities" can actually get hired over actual analysts.

Rough estimate: 90% of the so-called NFL analysts have no idea what they are talking about and can't even be bothered to look up facts (which, rumor has it, are widely available on something called teh internets) to make sure if they are true or not before they go off on rants.

What ever happened to the good ol' days when just the facts were dicsussed, or at least an opinion was presented in a clear and non ignorant way. Now it seems like the only thing that matters is how loud, personal, and annoying you present yourself on the air.

Guys like Skip Bayless, that prick on sports nation, and Jim Rome make it seem like ESPN is more concerned with winning over the people that watch Jerry Springer.

Something is wrong when "TV personalities" can actually get hired over actual analysts.

i think the point of sportsnation is be for a young crowd..and people hate skip but they keep coming back..lol

i like NFL network and FOX sports myself.

it's just ridiculous that then can get away with sometimes MAKING UP STUFF, like right on the spot.

They're supposed to be professionals but you can still turn on the tv and hear them saying a player has had problems with their teammates, when no such event has ever been reported. If I was said player I would be angered.

It's fitting. Most sports "fans" are also completely ignorant about most things concerning their sport. People who hang out and post on fansites like this are typically far more knowledgeable than your average "fan" who you see wearing a hat or a jersey.

I know plenty of people who claim to be big football fans, but can't name a single offensive lineman on their team. These people also don't go on the internet looking for more info, so all of their knowledge comes from what they're told by ESPN.

ESPN and Sportscenter got away from where they came from: Reporting sports news.

They got too big for their pants when they began bringing in network #s because they got more average idiots to watch them. Now they are afraid to lose those same idiots by reporting controversial news.

They sold out for the number of views they can pull in and they have no competition.

It's fitting. Most sports "fans" are also completely ignorant about most things concerning their sport. People who hang out and post on fansites like this are typically far more knowledgeable than your average "fan" who you see wearing a hat or a jersey.

I know plenty of people who claim to be big football fans, but can't name a single offensive lineman on their team. These people also don't go on the internet looking for more info, so all of their knowledge comes from what they're told by ESPN.

EXACTLY

And I don't know if I'm the weird one or are they? I could honestly go up to the common sports fan at a bar or something and I could probably tell them more about football or their own team than they know.

I mean honestly how many people can name their entire teams roster?

Reason is that ESPN is all about ratings, viewership, etc....

Just like sensational headlines, they are trying to do the same thing.

Problem is they are alienating true sports fans in the process.

I used to work for ESPN in Charlotte about 14 years ago....back when they were all about reporting sports related news.

Colin Cowherd is the guy from sportsnation and I do not have a problem with him mainly because I have heard him talk up Jake Delhomme before.

You might have heard his Delhomme comment on Sportsnation, or on the Herd, he has a 4 hour show on ESPN radio 5 days every week. He's pretty practical and commonsense, a trend different from most commentators, though very egotistical on everything. But he does have a high view on Jake, whether Panther fans do or not...

Since Walter Cronkite died. A lot of people have been talking about how he told you the news. No speculation, no rumor, no celebrity. Just the news. He didn't think 24 news was a good thing and he is being proved right. They don't talk about important things anymore. And it's the same with sport news. Too much fluff, opinion and speculation. And at the end of the day you don't know anything about the world or the world of sports. But you know Romo broke up with Jessica and Favre tweeted something about his tractor.

Since Walter Cronkite died. A lot of people have been talking about how he told you the news. No speculation, no rumor, no celebrity. Just the news. He didn't think 24 news was a good thing and he is being proved right. They don't talk about important things anymore. And it's the same with sport news. Too much fluff, opinion and speculation. And at the end of the day you don't know anything about the world or the world of sports. But you know Romo broke up with Jessica and Favre tweeted something about his tractor.

rep, spread it must be.

:yoda:

Archived