• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Analyzing our Potential Matchups

KillaCamNewton

Well now its settled, with an Eagles win next week we will play the Eagles, and with a Saints win we will play the winner of Green Bay and San Francisco. In my opinion heres how I would rate our potential opponents from most desirable matchup to least desirable

1. Eagles

I think this is the consensus choice among Panther fans. After watching the Eagles just play, I honestly see nothing that really worries me about this team. McCoy is a stud, thats undeniable, but the truth is we've faced the absolute cream of the crop of running backs this year and have shut all of them down. While Foles has been excellent this year, you can see that he does an awful job going through his progressions. When his first option his covered, he simply coils up and takes a sack. Our pash rush has been outstanding against immobile QBs this year, and Foles might be the least mobile of all of them. Their defense also shouldnt be a problem for us. I could easily see us controlling the clock, containing McCoy, getting after Foles, and winning this game handily.

2. Packers

I hate this matchup for our defense. Rodgers and Cobb are back and healthy, and now Lacy gives them a rushing attack that they arent used to having. I think we can get a good pash rush vs their O-Line, but obviously I hate the idea of Rodgers, Cobb, Nelson against our secondary. Defensively the Packers are pretty weak. I think we can easily put up points on them, but the question will be can we hold Rodgers and Co. to less points?

3. 49ers

This is the matchup I really do not wanna see. A 3-4 defense always seems to give Cam fits, and the 9ers have the best 3-4 in the league. Not only that, but Crabtree and Davis are healthy, and Kaepernick has been playing lights out lately. The 9ers are the hottest team in the league right now, and I want them as far away from Charlotte as possible

have a good feeling that the Saints are going beat the Eagles and were going be playing the 9ers again

I have a feeling the saints going to run them over, the chip kelly offense is a replica of the pistol read option poo that the redskins ran with rg3 last year, one read and run/happy feet

I disagree about the 9ers. A. We already beat them IN San Fran, they were hot then coming off a 5 game win streak. B. If we play the 9ers it will not only be the 2nd consecutive road game for them, it will be the 2nd consecutive cosst to coast road game in the eastern time zone, that situation is in our favor big time. Oh BTW they would be facing us in a 1:00 PM ET game which adds to that element.

And Kaeprnick while solid is nowhere near the level of Rodgers. Rodgers scares me. Packers play in terrible elements all the time in lambeu, playing in Charlotte wont be tough for them. I want Rodgers nowhere near Charlotte in two weeks. Give me the 9ers easily.

But 9ers D >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Packers D

We can manage the niners d especially if we get smitty back, strike a balance in the run and pass, cam goes hogwild

It is really, really difficult to beat a qb like rodgers who has all his weapons back

Rodgers is better than Brady and Brees

I disagree about the 9ers. A. We already beat them IN San Fran, they were hot then coming off a 5 game win streak. B. If we play the 9ers it will not only be the 2nd consecutive road game for them, it will be the 2nd consecutive cosst to coast road game in the eastern time zone, that situation is in our favor big time. Oh BTW they would be facing us in a 1:00 PM ET game which adds to that element.

And Kaeprnick while solid is nowhere near the level of Rodgers. Rodgers scares me. Packers play in terrible elements all the time in lambeu, playing in Charlotte wont be tough for them. I want Rodgers nowhere near Charlotte in two weeks. Give me the 9ers easily.

This x100, I will take the niners, I think we handle them at home, Rodgers is a monster

Comes off a broken collarbone and finds away to win in that bears game

This x100, I will take the niners, I think we handle them at home, Rodgers is a monster

Comes off a broken collarbone and finds away to win in that bears game

Exactly. This is a QB driven league and you ALWAYS want the team with the weakest QB sitaution. Rodgers is a HOFer, Foles is red hot and while Kaepernick is good, he is the weakest out of the three.

The 49ers would be a real warmup for the Seahawks. Easily a top 3 defense in the NFC playoffs. Niners are playing as good as any team right now. They ended up 12-4 too. Taking them out again would be a serious momentum boost heading to Seattle.

Archived