• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anton Khudobin Needs To Start

Doby is absolutely our best goalie. Dude is amazing with his stick. Reflexes are great. Positioning is perfect the vast majority of the time. Has a knack for finding the puck at the last second when it comes through traffic.

Last night, the goals he gave up were almost entirely on the play in front of him. Every goalie is going to let some through. All goalies play better when they're not having to keep the team in the game by themselves. Sad part is, we really didn't play bad. Bobrovsky was absolutely stellar for Columbus. Dude is no joke. We skated as hard as we have all year and just couldn't get the goals. Game SHOULD have been 2-0, but that last goal came due to us just being caught with our pants down and tired. Wide open look at an angle, and Doby likes stepping out on those.

When Cam is healthy, I say throw him out there against the first weak opponent we have, hope he has a good game, and trade him. Get what we can get, because Doby is the future in net. There is no question there.

Doby is absolutely our best goalie. Dude is amazing with his stick. Reflexes are great. Positioning is perfect the vast majority of the time. Has a knack for finding the puck at the last second when it comes through traffic.

Last night, the goals he gave up were almost entirely on the play in front of him. Every goalie is going to let some through. All goalies play better when they're not having to keep the team in the game by themselves. Sad part is, we really didn't play bad. Bobrovsky was absolutely stellar for Columbus. Dude is no joke. We skated as hard as we have all year and just couldn't get the goals. Game SHOULD have been 2-0, but that last goal came due to us just being caught with our pants down and tired. Wide open look at an angle, and Doby likes stepping out on those.

When Cam is healthy, I say throw him out there against the first weak opponent we have, hope he has a good game, and trade him. Get what we can get, because Doby is the future in net. There is no question there.

Ward's not going to get traded because of his contract, he's here for the long haul. The team has been looking to move Doby or Peters all year long and they've just been waiting for all three to be healthy. Whoever has the better trade value between Peters and Doby will be traded. That's been the plan for a while now. 

Ward's not going to get traded because of his contract, he's here for the long haul. The team has been looking to move Doby or Peters all year long and they've just been waiting for all three to be healthy. Whoever has the better trade value between Peters and Doby will be traded. That's been the plan for a while now. 

Which fuging sucks. Ward is a bum. Flat out. I defended him the past few seasons. Vehemently. But now...I just can't do it. The guy is a shell of his former self and a hindrance to our success as a team.

Maybe in 8 years, once we're rid of Cam and we luck up with another solid goalie, we can get a Cup.

Because we have a chance to get to the postseason for the first time in a long time and he gives you the best opportunity.

Justin Peters could probably fetch at least a fourth, possibly a third...

I don't see Ward being traded because I doubt Carolina wants to go into free agency without a goalie under contract (and Ward's contract is brutal). However they coudl decide to part from Ward... maybe send him (and Riley Nash) to the Oilers for Sam Gagner and a 2nd round pick... Then next year re-sign Dobby and bring up Altshuller.

Then for the rest of this season...

Jeff Skinner - Eric Staal - Alexander Semin

Nathan Gerbe - Jordan Staal - Elias Lindholm

Tuomo Ruutu - Sam Gagner - Jiri Tlusty

Patrick Dwyer - Manny Malhota - Radek Dvorak

Drayson Bowman

Andrej Sekera - Justin Faulk

Ron Hainsey - Brett Bellemore

John Michael-Liles - Jay Harrison

Mike Komisarek - Ryan Murphy

Anton Khudobin

Justin Peters

It doesn't matter if his value is the highest because it's clear that he is the best goaltender on the roster.

JR said he has built this team to be a consistent playoff team not a team with a top 10 pick every year.

Ward's contract also does not make him unmovable, it just makes him more difficult to move.

Khudobin might be the future starting goaltender of the Canes and people want to trade him!?!?

Idiotic.

It doesn't matter if his value is the highest because it's clear that he is the best goaltender on the roster.

JR said he has built this team to be a consistent playoff team not a team with a top 10 pick every year.

Ward's contract also does not make him unmovable, it just makes him more difficult to move.

Khudobin might be the future starting goaltender of the Canes and people want to trade him!?!?

Idiotic.

Didn't say I wanted him traded, just why he's going to be the one that's traded. The team still has Ward listed as the #1 and Doby has been on the trade block all season long. 

Either way it goes, Peters or Doby will be traded not Ward. Ward when he comes back will most likely be the starter or at the very least split time with the one that isn't traded. 

As to why Ward isn't going to be traded and why his contract does indeed make him unmovable. 

Ward is in the top 4 among NHL goalies in yearly salary. The only goalies that make more then him are Rinne, Quick, and Luongo. On top of that, he's under contract till 2016. 

Not saying I wouldn't like Ward to be traded, but he's not going anywhere. On top of that the team isn't going to have the money to resign Doby if he does indeed want to hit the FA market. So best to get what you can now then to loose him for nothing in FA. 

Archived