• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anton Khudobin Needs To Start

So far Ward has only started 2 games after the break but at weird times. One the first game after the break and one after Anton only started 2 games after Ward's first.

Yea, right now it looks like they are splitting. Hopefully it changes back over to Ak getting 90% start type of stretch

Well he was coming off a season when he played 74 games and still had his best year ever.  Also a season when we just barely missed playoffs.  Also a season when Ward broke down at the end because 74 games is too much for any goalie to play and PETE DAWG was pretty much an auto loss.  The thinking was a better back up would have gotten us in so they signed Brian Boucher lol

He should have been traded after the lockout year.  We were out of it by the deadline anyway.  Dobby could probably get more as a rental now.  fug, trade them both idc.  Suck for Ekblad.  Trade the Staals too.  Semin.  Ruutu.  Actually give Lindholm some meaningful time since you decided not to keep him in Europe for the year when he clearly wasn't ready.  Fire JR, Muller, Francis, Daniels, and all those other former players they gave fuging cushy jobs to.  Maybe we could use that money on some fuging scouts or something jesus christ.  Our European scout lives in Raleigh. Thats fuging stupid.

Wont be able to move either of them now.

ummm, why not?  The keys to Ward being traded has been reaching an extension with AK and Ward waiving his NTC. So I'm confused why they wont be able to move either of them? There's still quite a few Ward rumors circulating right now as well. 

ummm, why not?  The keys to Ward being traded has been reaching an extension with AK and Ward waiving his NTC. So I'm confused why they wont be able to move either of them? There's still quite a few Ward rumors circulating right now as well. 

His play has been just south of dog poo.  He wont get an extension worth nearly as much as his current deal, so waiving the NTC wouldn't even be necessary.

Sure I'd love to see him go elsewhere, but do I think it's realistic?  No.

His play has been just south of dog poo.  He wont get an extension worth nearly as much as his current deal, so waiving the NTC wouldn't even be necessary.

Sure I'd love to see him go elsewhere, but do I think it's realistic?  No.

Yea, but the play in front of them has been south of dog poo as well.  They have to play lights out to give the team any semblance of a chance at winning. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Ward is now the starter again. I know he's played well the past couple games, one against the worst team in the NHL, but it's only a matter of time before he reverts to his old self. I've seen this story play out over and over. Way to support the goalie that should be your starter going forward after 1 bad game. How about looking at the entire season? Oh well, done with the Canes this season.

Archived