• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which Offense do you want?

Paintballr

Do you chance it next hear with Bell as RT, ? At RG, Kalil at C, silatoulu at LG, and a ? At LT.

I think it depends on how many guys we bring in or can afford to bring in. Outside of Kalil none of the guys this year did that great. Sure Gross was good but he is largely done. With Silatolu coming back we need to replace the other 3. Bell Wharton and Kugbila are good backups but if we want to have a Superbowl team we need a great O line. That and a shutdown corner or 2 are my biggest issues.

I think it depends on how many guys we bring in or can afford to bring in. Outside of Kalil none of the guys this year did that great. Sure Gross was good but he is largely done. With Silatolu coming back we need to replace the other 3. Bell Wharton and Kugbila are good backups but if we want to have a Superbowl team we need a great O line. That and a shutdown corner or 2 are my biggest issues.

We will have a lot of growing pains if we only have Amini and Kalil return next year, and it will be hard to find 3 starters in FA and the draft

We will have a lot of growing pains if we only have Amini and Kalil return next year, and it will be hard to find 3 starters in FA and the draft

Actually we need 2 in free agency and 1 in the draft. The cap is largely flat this year and there will be tons of O linemen who will be free agents.

Ya know. This is something to think about when comparing the two seasons and that's kick returns. It was a little harder to do touch backs then as opposed to now. So avg starting field pos is a dif factor.

The total stat thing is causing us to miss the forest for the trees.

3rd down conversion and time of pos are huge.

Ask Belching what he thinks of those stats? That guy does some seriois adjusting and maximizes his talent. Look at those wr's. No passing tds and no Gronk and champ game yet again. Coaching is severely underrated in the nfl.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

interesting fun fact. With the exception of his first year, The team defense of Shula coached offenses has never ranked lower than 3rd in the NFL in yards allowed or 5th in points allowed.

97-99 in Tampa, their defense was 3rd-2nd-3rd in yards allowed and 2nd-5th-3rd in points allowed then went to 7th and 9th respectively the year after he left. It was arguably TB's defenses best 3 year span in history (although they were #1 in both DPPG and DYPG their Super Bowl year)

When Shula took over in Tampa the defense of that team went from ranked 27th in the league in total yards to 11th, and then to 3rd. the year after he left, the defense went from 3rd in DYPG to 9th in total yards and 3rd in DPPG to 7th.

Carolina last season was 10th in DYPG and 18th in DPPG. They bumped up to 2nd in both this season.

There is a correlation to the Shula offenses and the defenses that coincide with him. He is better for defenses, and everywhere he has been the defenses has always improved under him.

So, I am not sure what all that means, except to say that Mike Shula as OC, is possibly the best DC in the NFL :P

Nice work. I say time of pos is the biggest factor. Rested def. Minimized pos of the other team and you got a shot.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

For those saying 2008 had better receivers.....

Moose 2008

53 Rec 581 Yards 1 TD

Smith 2008-defiantly more productive

78 Rec 1421 Yards 6 TD

DJ Hackett 2008

13 Rec 128 Yards 0 TD

Jarrett 2008

10 Rec 119 Yards 0 TD

Lafell 2013

49 Rec 627 Yards 5 TD

Smith 2013

64 Rec 745 Yards 4 TD