• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade Talks: Okafor for Chandler

what_she_said

Its the "if he stays healthy" part that bugs me.

I will agree with that the thing is he is still young and young players heal faster now then in the past. Plus the money deal is good for the team.

I will say one mistake Lb has made is not taking Brooke Lopez when we had the chance. This team would look alot better with Brooke instead of DJ right now and you could still have Oak at PF and Brooke as your C and low post scorer. JMO!

I will agree with that the thing is he is still young and young players heal faster now then in the past. Plus the money deal is good for the team.

I will say one mistake Lb has made is not taking Brooke Lopez when we had the chance. This team would look alot better with Brooke instead of DJ right now and you could still have Oak at PF and Brooke as your C and low post scorer. JMO!

I agree. I was like "WTF!!!" when they passed up Lopez. I just don't think Oak would have made a good PF with his foot speed and hands of stone. I think he would have trouble guarding quicker perimeter playing PFs.

I agree. I was like "WTF!!!" when they passed up Lopez. I just don't think Oak would have made a good PF with his foot speed and hands of stone. I think he would have trouble guarding quicker perimeter playing PFs.

The things he would do is be a big PF instead of a small C then with Lopez he would only have too worry about def. and rebounding. He could get his points on put backs while Brooke would be our post up player. We can dream can't we.

Chandler is getting an opportunity here like he hasn't had since his Chicago days. We're looking at him like a front line center and I would imagine that we're going to work our post game around getting him the ball down low just like we did with Okafor.

Chandler still has a ton of upside, and for those eye rolls out there he's actually a few months younger than Okafor only he came out early. Chandler had a higher shooting percentage last year.

Okafor was not an elite defender. He was an elite shot blocker, but there is more to the position. Chandler, by contrast, is an elite defender.

Now i'm not going to say we're getting the better player or anything, but in terms of the roles that each player is predicted to play for their new team.... I like the chances of Chandler being more of an impact player for Charlotte than Okafor being for New Orleans.

As much as we loved Okafor, he's an undersized center with elite shot blocking and rebounding skills. Any offensive game he has is what we forced on him. He's terrible at the line, as is Chandler, and he's going to have trouble against the competition in the West.

I think this Charlotte team is going to be a lot closer to the playoffs than many here think. With the maturation of Augustin coupled with the emergence of a few key support players like Diaw there could be some noise made.

I was mad we didn't get Brooke also, but I think I would rather have Chandler/Diaw than Brooke/Okafor.

I was mad we didn't get Brooke also, but I think I would rather have Chandler/Diaw than Brooke/Okafor.

I like that combo too Chandler/Diaw. Can you see Chandler actually catching those great passes that Diaw dishes and dunking it down someones throat. Instead of Oak bobbling the rock and messing up the play all together. Plus the fast breaks we can do with G-force on one side Hendon the other and chandler down the middle. That will be nasty!!!

I said this early in this thread but doesn't Chandler remind you more of Alonzo M when he was in charlotte then Oak does?

I like that combo too Chandler/Diaw. Can you see Chandler actually catching those great passes that Diaw dishes and dunking it down someones throat. Instead of Oak bobbling the rock and messing up the play all together. Plus the fast breaks we can do with G-force on one side Hendon the other and chandler down the middle. That will be nasty!!!

I said this early in this thread but doesn't Chandler remind you more of Alonzo M when he was in charlotte then Oak does?

Even with diaw we still need another PF.

Chandler is getting an opportunity here like he hasn't had since his Chicago days. We're looking at him like a front line center and I would imagine that we're going to work our post game around getting him the ball down low just like we did with Okafor.

Chandler still has a ton of upside, and for those eye rolls out there he's actually a few months younger than Okafor only he came out early. Chandler had a higher shooting percentage last year.

Okafor was not an elite defender. He was an elite shot blocker, but there is more to the position. Chandler, by contrast, is an elite defender.

Now i'm not going to say we're getting the better player or anything, but in terms of the roles that each player is predicted to play for their new team.... I like the chances of Chandler being more of an impact player for Charlotte than Okafor being for New Orleans.

As much as we loved Okafor, he's an undersized center with elite shot blocking and rebounding skills. Any offensive game he has is what we forced on him. He's terrible at the line, as is Chandler, and he's going to have trouble against the competition in the West.

I think this Charlotte team is going to be a lot closer to the playoffs than many here think. With the maturation of Augustin coupled with the emergence of a few key support players like Diaw there could be some noise made.

He is like 4 or 5 day's younger. Not months. Also those extra years can hurt a center. I still like the trade though and I'm not the least disappointed.

im starting to like the trade more and more.. but if i told you last week we were going to trade Okafor- wouldn't you think we would be able to get more than just Chandler?

I will admit for awhile now I've been putting Oak in alot of trade scenario. Didn't think the team would do it of course.

Guest BradThomas

Yeah, I was thinking that too. He does kind of remind me of Zo a bit.

Archived