• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Giants letting Nicks walk!

Pantherman

I thought everyone already knew that.

I don't want him if he doesn't care enough to show up on time.

man nevermind that mentality, I want some skilled players here. He's not a dope-head so a change of atmosphere may be the answer. I'd rather have a skilled player as him rather than scrubs that show up and blow games that matter or flat out drop balls or NOT show up when needed. NO MORE FOXBALL!

I think using a Tweet by RapSheet to all of a sudden say that Nicks has a bad attitude is a HUGE mistake.  The guy has never been a problem on that team.  He obviously was frustrated by his situation and doesn't want to be there.  Definitely not the right way to handle it, but let's not all start judging the guy's character because of a 3rd party Tweet. None of us know what was really going on. 

I agree with what you said whole heartedly (though Nicks did stink up the joint there). 

However, this is the perfect opportunity for the Giants/I mean Gettleman (lol) to make a decent pitch and get him for cheap, anyway he can. If he can't, then let him walk. But I don't think Nicks will get big money from anyone cause of his current reputation (whether earned or not), chronic injuries and [most importantly] poor production last season.  

Maybe he was just jaking it, to come to Carolina!? :devil:   :startle:  :devil:

We'll see?

No touchdowns, can't show up for meetings or treatment. Some of you guys need to take off the Tarhole colored glasses. Maybe we should trade up and snag Bryn Renner too.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Huge ABC fan here and I want the guy bad, makes too much sense.

Different people react to different environments in different ways. coflin runs a very strict team, Rivera runs similar but appeals to ones pride more (see Hardyy benched for first series). I think Nicks wants to come home.

Let's be realistic....he's not signing here (or anywhere) for a one year deal.  

How can, why would you say that?

Do you know what's in Nicks (mind you coaches and general managers) head?

More importantly, which good team is going to sign him to a multi year contract for what he wants?

Maybe a bad team will. But will he wanna go there?

I think they're too many variables for your rather simplistic declaration. Nicks, gotta prove himself again somewhat. 

Stay tuned. 

not sure if it will be as easy as you guys think.  Lots of teams need wr's.   

He may want to come back to NC,  but if a team with cap room says "here's 7 mill for 2 years", 

and we say one year for 2 mill, he won't be here.

Of course.  My point is that salary should be the only reason not to go after him.  If we can get the right value then it's a no-brainer.  Using his past season as a reason NOT to sign him is what I can't agree with.  

You guys are seriously smoking that carolina good stuff if you think these scrubs that don't show up are a better fit than someone with proven skill you assume don't show up for practice. This is why we keep losing. LACK OF Skill. There is a difference in skill and talent. I'm tired of playing "Star Search"... its time to win. I could see if this guy was a cry baby or dope attic. Signing him instantly will launch the usage of Steve Smith. We need multiple threats! If not when steve's done we'll get the next steve smith and screw up his success by not giving him help but "nice guys" that are just satisfied with a check. I won't players that know they need big contract based on effort and their role. Get that soft mess outta here. Lafell ain't gonna cut it and waiting on a late round wr draft is not promised to bring the same effort as a skilled player NOW. if you can't dig it sucka, join the Bucs or something. Its a new day!

How can, why would you say that?

Do you know what's in Nicks (mind you coaches and general managers) head?

More importantly, which good team is going to sign him to a multi year contract for what he wants?

Maybe a bad team will. But will he wanna go there?

I think they're too many variables for your simplistic declaration. Nicks, gotta prove himself again somewhat. 

Stay tuned. 

I think it's a pretty safe assumption to say that at least one team will offer him a multi-year deal.  Of course there are other variables like you mentioned, but money talks.  

Who said anything about a long term deal? We're RENTING him for one year. ;)

exactly... I love how we do pre-pre-pre screening and write out and write off ANY POTENTIAL signings. Clowns... we need players that will win games. look at our wr vs those guys that came through here last week and made a soft qb look good. losing sucks but losers suck more! their mind sets are stuck on this nice guy crap. smh

Archived