• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Cam have an asking price?

cardiackat88.

Cam could very well break our team. The funny thing is, though, the last couple of Super Bowl winners have not had QBs making large amounts of money. Flacco was on the end of a rookie deal, waiting to get paid. Russell Wilson has his third round rookie contract still going. Eli was making bank before that, but Aaron Rodgers was still on the tail end of his deal.

I think that over investing into a QB, in this day and age, is a bad idea. No matter if we were dealing with Aaron Rodgers, Peyton, etc. Putting that much money into one play handicaps the rest of what you can or can't do in free agency. 

If I were a GM, I would build a real team, piece by a piece, and then add a competent QB in the later rounds of the Draft, much like the Seahawks have done. They created a team, a solid o-line, RBs, coaches, WRs, DL, etc, and did it because they knew not to break that bank on a certain player or position. 

Cam could very well break our team. The funny thing is, though, the last couple of Super Bowl winners have not had QBs making large amounts of money. Flacco was on the end of a rookie deal, waiting to get paid. Russell Wilson has his third round rookie contract still going. Eli was making bank before that, but Aaron Rodgers was still on the tail end of his deal.

I think that over investing into a QB, in this day and age, is a bad idea. No matter if we were dealing with Aaron Rodgers, Peyton, etc. Putting that much money into one play handicaps the rest of what you can or can't do in free agency.

If I were a GM, I would build a real team, piece by a piece, and then add a competent QB in the later rounds of the Draft, much like the Seahawks have done. They created a team, a solid o-line, RBs, coaches, WRs, DL, etc, and did it because they knew not to break that bank on a certain player or position.

Luckily you aren't an NFL general manager then.

Cam is our franchise. Accept it.

You don't just change quarterbacks like you are changing your shirt and expect to keep right on winning Super Bowls.

Also, Wilson was taken in the third, not exactly what I would call a "later round". Not sure I would say the Seahawks didn't break the bank for one position either, considering the 64 million dollar contract they gave to Percy Harvin.

Luckily you aren't an NFL general manager then.

Cam is our franchise. Accept it.

You don't just change quarterbacks like you are changing your shirt and expect to keep right on winning Super Bowls.

Also, Wilson was taken in the third, not exactly what I would call a "later round". Not sure I would say the Seahawks didn't break the bank for one position either, considering the 64 million dollar contract they gave to Percy Harvin.

The 64 million dollar contract came way after they had already built their team, he was the complimentary piece added to help send them over the top (even though it didn't really matter in the short term of their season, since he played hardly any). Yet, it was a player like Harvin that had an incredible game in the Super Bowl and could've easily been named MVP of the Super Bowl.

Also, the third round is, actually, considered a later round. It's day 2 of the draft. Not exactly early rounds either. 

And to say what you should, and shouldn't do, well, since you're so quick to point out to someone that luckily they aren't an NFL GM, it's pretty safe to assume you've never been anywhere near an NFL front office either. Is that a correct statement?

The 64 million dollar contract came way after they had already built their team, he was the complimentary piece added to help send them over the top (even though it didn't really matter in the short term of their season, since he played hardly any). Yet, it was a player like Harvin that had an incredible game in the Super Bowl and could've easily been named MVP of the Super Bowl.

Also, the third round is, actually, considered a later round. It's day 2 of the draft. Not exactly early rounds either. 

And to say what you should, and shouldn't do, well, since you're so quick to point out to someone that luckily they aren't an NFL GM, it's pretty safe to assume you've never been anywhere near an NFL front office either. Is that a correct statement?

Nope I'm not a GM. But there is a guy named Dave Gettleman who is one, and he seems to agree with me that when you have a young franchise quarterback, you get him locked him in. Yeah the Seahawks signed Harvin to that deal after they had seen what Wilson offered them, they went all in for their QB. Something that this franchise did initially for Cam with the Olsen trade, and Shockey signing, but then we abandoned that.

Don't let the early success that some of these new young quarterbacks are having fool you that suddenly teams are going to toss out legitimate franchise quarterbacks because they are afraid to pay them. I don't see that happening, if they don't, someone else will. Plain, and simple.

Nope I'm not a GM. But there is a guy named Dave Gettleman who is one, and he seems to agree with me that when you have a young franchise quarterback, you get him locked him in. Yeah the Seahawks signed Harvin to that deal after they had seen what Wilson offered them, they went all in for their QB. Something that this franchise did initially for Cam with the Olsen trade, and Shockey signing, but then we abandoned that.

Don't let the early success that some of these new young quarterbacks are having fool you that suddenly teams are going to toss out legitimate franchise quarterbacks because they are afraid to pay them. I don't see that happening, if they don't, someone else will. Plain, and simple.

Or, you could be like some of these teams, and sign your QB to a massive contract and get stuck in the mud like the ravens, falcons, etc.

You could also go the route of signing the QB now and praying that the tv contract will allow just enough of a spike in salary cap where you can afford some bargain bin guys.

Or, you could be like some of these teams, and sign your QB to a massive contract and get stuck in the mud like the ravens, falcons, etc.

You could also go the route of signing the QB now and praying that the tv contract will allow just enough of a spike in salary cap where you can afford some bargain bin guys.

Roster wise, the Ravens weren't the same team this past season that they were during their Superbowl run. You can't put it all on Flacco.

Also, it pains me to say this, but Matt Ryan is a pretty damn good QB. If you've watched the Panthers play the Falcons the last few years, you should know this.

Roster wise, the Ravens weren't the same team this past season that they were during their Superbowl run. You can't put it all on Flacco.

Also, it pains me to say this, but Matt Ryan is a pretty damn good QB. If you've watched the Panthers play the Falcons the last few years, you should know this.

The ravens aren't the same team because they couldn't afford to keep ellerbe or Kruger. Because of the flacco contract.

And yeah, Matt Ryan is a good QB. This isn't about how good the QB is. But when a contract is so massive that the team has to let players walk to accommodate it, or not be able to sign quality free agents, it becomes a burden.

A player in the NFL, no matter who they may be, is only as good as they players around him.

The ravens aren't the same team because they couldn't afford to keep ellerbe or Kruger. Because of the flacco contract.

And yeah, Matt Ryan is a good QB. This isn't about how good the QB is. But when a contract is so massive that the team has to let players walk to accommodate it, or not be able to sign quality free agents, it becomes a burden.

A player in the NFL, no matter who they may be, is only as good as they players around him.

The Ravens had the opportunity to sign Flacco to a reasonable extension before the 2012 season, they opted to wait, and they ended up paying dearly for it. One could certainly make the argument that if they had just extended him right away, they would be in a better position.

We can't make that same mistake with Cam.

If the Falcons hadn't given up virtually an entire draft for Julio Jones, and actually addressed their OL, and aging defense, might things be different?

You don't have to like it, but the market for quarterbacks is only heading in one direction right now. Up.

I didn't say deserve.

Like it or not, Cam will be paid like an elite qb.

You obviously can't grasp that.

he is not worth it, he doesn't deserve it . That is what I said so failure to grasp is on your side. you are arguing something else.

funny you point out something in my post that you didn't say then go on to make comment about something I didn't say.my desrve comment is about the situation not about you or what you said. Like it or not it is not about you.

he is not worth it, he doesn't deserve it . That is what I said so failure to grasp is on your side. you are arguing something else.

funny you point out something in my post that you didn't say then go on to make comment about something I didn't say.my desrve comment is about the situation not about you or what you said. Like it or not it is not about you.

grow up, and stop twisting this Iinto something it isnt.

Whether you think he deserves it or not, he'll get paid like a top qb.

That is the NFL.

Archived