• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Cam have an asking price?

cardiackat88.

If we are lucky we can get Cam for $15 a year, but that is probably unlikely.

It cracks me up all the Huddlers that think players will take so much less to play for a team. This rarely happens and usually only does happen when a guy has already made money and is chasing rings.

Go ask Mark Sanchez or Matt Schaub why you don't give discounts .... Your career as a starter can be over with in no time at all.

It isn't just quarterbacks getting record contracts these days though.

I'm no arguing that point. You're absolutely right. That doesn't mean I think it's smart. Signing anyone to a 100m contract, in my opinion, is the worst decision anyone could make in a sport with a cap so restricted as the NFL's.

I mean, we can give John Smith the greatest QB ever a 100m contract. But when we put five Byron bells in front of him, it doesn't matter if he's the greatest QB ever.

In fact, Jeff Saturday spoke about this today during an nfl segment about Suh's contract. He said GMs need to realize to spread the wealth and not "super pay" one player.

I'm no arguing that point. You're absolutely right. That doesn't mean I think it's smart. Signing anyone to a 100m contract, in my opinion, is the worst decision anyone could make in a sport with a cap so restricted as the NFL's.

I mean, we can give John Smith the greatest QB ever a 100m contract. But when we put five Byron bells in front of him, it doesn't matter if he's the greatest QB ever.

In fact, Jeff Saturday spoke about this today during an nfl segment about Suh's contract. He said GMs need to realize to spread the wealth and not "super pay" one player.

I absolutely agree that contracts are getting out of hand. But with the NFL making record profits, I'm not sure it's going to change.

I don't think it's a simple matter of GM's just going bonkers, and deciding to be the next to pay a record salary to a player. It's just the market, they have no choice. Of course there are the few who overpay guys, and that also fugs everyone else over, it's just unavoidable right now.

I absolutely agree that contracts are getting out of hand. But with the NFL making record profits, I'm not sure it's going to change.

I don't think it's a simple matter of GM's just going bonkers, and deciding to be the next to pay a record salary to a player. It's just the market, they have no choice. Of course there are the few who overpay guys, and that also fugs everyone else over, it's just unavoidable right now.

I don't think it is unavoidable at all. they do have choices they just aren't using those choices for some reason.

I'm not really commenting specifically on Cam and the Panthers but in general I'm not sure the 20m a year QB model works. A 20m QB has never won the Super Bowl. They have come close but ultimately they are exposed as a team. You could easily argue the 3 best teams in the NFL this season played in the NFC with QBs on rookie contracts. When I say team, I mean quality starters in almost every position with good coaching to mask deficiencies.

The Saints in my opinion had the best team of those with a 20m QB. Now they are going to make some tough decisions, their window may have closed.

Again I'm not talking about the Panthers but the league as a whole. At what point do the GMs around the league sit back and realize they can't accomplish their goals with one guy sucking up 1/7th of the cap space?Who will be the first GM to let a guy walk and rebuild? Technically it was the Colts, but that was very special circumstances. I think the franchise QB shortage is getting second tier guys overpaid and eventually these GMs will need to make a hard decision.

he is not worth it, he doesn't deserve it . That is what I said so failure to grasp is on your side. you are arguing something else.

funny you point out something in my post that you didn't say then go on to make comment about something I didn't say.my desrve comment is about the situation not about you or what you said. Like it or not it is not about you.

You are not grasping that the market for a player is not determined by one team or fans. Cam is worth what other teams will pay for his service.

You are not grasping that the market for a player is not determined by one team or fans. Cam is worth what other teams will pay for his service.

other teams may over pay but hat doesn't make one worth it. I understand the market and that it is inflated that is why it is overpaying.

The market is not set it is fluid and can move and change.The question is are there any GM's willing to move it and change it?

I don't think you are following what I'm saying. Sure a GM can up and decide not to pay that much. But guess what happens then, there is always another team in desperate need who will pay that much, and then the GM has to watch that player walk, and answer to the owner for what happened.

The way things stand right now, you pay, or someone else will.

He's got a ring, and he's making around 20 million a year. What's to debate?

A qb making 20m hasn't won the Super Bowl is saying that, at the time of the win, there hasn't been someone making that much.

Is everything semantics with you? Do you just like to argue?

Archived