• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roger Goodell's 2013 Salary

Darth Biscuit

If goodell increases revenue by doing something almost all posters on this forum hate (more games in London, expand regular seasons/playoffs, etc) does that make the posters on this site stupid?

Whenever economic questions arise every wannabe randian super man, middle management nothing with a fifth tier MBA tries to defends ridiculous things from the perspective that one day they'll be in the rich person shoes.

You're not and never will be.

Goodell isn't a good commissioner, he's a puppet. His remuneration is a joke. The fact the nfl entity doesn't pay taxes is a crime.

That anyone here defends this fraud of a man is completely unsurprising.

For what it's worth the other person goodell was in the running with for the job was the guy who ran the falcons into the ground and was given a "promotion" to save him the embarrassment of being fired.

Roger goodell is slightly less incompetent than rich McKay.

I don't really care about how much Goodell or his associates, who also earn well over 15 million a year, makes. What I care about is the moronic reaction to what they make by the general public relative to player's salaries.

Goodell makes about double the highest player in his league=great, fair market value, he runs one of the world's most successful enterprises so he desires it!

Desean Jackson wishes to move off of his rookie salary that paid him 500K=what a selfish thug, he makes more money than I do in 10 years, he needs to honor his contract! Of course, keeping in mind if his team cuts him nobody cares to tell the organization to honor the contract...

You are probably be one of these morons that scream about how Hardy or Cam is not worth 1/4 of what Goodell apparently is, all while trying to acquire Newton to your fantasy team.  

And btw, we should (I don't) care about what Goodell makes. As NFL teams are able to escape some corporate tax burdens by "donating" money to the non-for-profit organization called the NFL, they are essentially taking advantage of the Tax Code by paying Goodell, and his associates, ridiculous salaries. Write it off as a "charitable contribution."

I like how you are making assumptions to what I believe without even knowing my viewpoint. I think Cam will get, and deserves, a huge pay day. I don't think Hardy deserves a huge pay day because an elite DE is not as integral to a team as a franchise QB. See how well the Texans did with the best DE in the country this season.

Now that last paragraph really ruined any and all intellectual credibility you have. I mean, holy cow, are you seriously trying to say that the NFL owners can write off Goodell's salary as a charitable contribution? Do you understand the difference between a non-profit and a charity? Go do some research on the difference between a 501©3 organization and a 501©6 (Hint: the NFL is the latter). There are a ton of things the owners do that should make you mad, so why are you making stuff up?

Next time a moron (Hint: that's you) tries to spew made up facets of our country's tax law, lets hope he doesn't do it with a tax professional (Hint: that's me).

You brought it up.... I can only assume there was a reason

You called them a business entity. Legally they are not. By their own words. 

You are incorrect.

The reason is to make sure people coming to this thread hungry for accurate information are not led astray by your ignorance. 

You called them a business entity. Legally they are not. By their own words. 

You are incorrect.

The reason is to make sure people coming to this thread hungry for accurate information are not led astray by your ignorance. 

So you ARE arguing that the NFL is not a business.  As an extension, they are not allowed to decide how their paychecks are divvied as such.

I'm not arguing anything how are you so fuging daft

there isn't an argument to make

you're defending their right to remuneration (a precarious argument as it is) on the basis of something they're (by their own fuging words) not

what about this is difficult for you to understand

Archived