• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats Trade Deadline Thread

Proudiddy

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine 2m

Hearing Bobcats continue to press for Bucks G Gary Neal and trying before deadline in 7+ hours to sell MILW on Ramon Sessions-for-Neal deal

Not giving up a pick and exchanging Sessions for Neal?  Sign me up.

BUT!  I hope we have more up our sleeve.  I just don't see our FO sitting on BG's contract.  It's possible but I don't see it.

I don't want to jump the gun, but the fact that we were supposedly in so many talks about all these players, if we don't do a deal that is a good sign.

To me it shows we are eager to upgrade our roster but not desperate enough to overpay for these guys.

Then again we have all day to see what happens.

Not giving up a pick and exchanging Sessions for Neal?  Sign me up.

BUT!  I hope we have more up our sleeve.  I just don't see our FO sitting on BG's contract.  It's possible but I don't see it.

This would be an upgrade and a trade I'd be happy with, but this isn't the scorer we need.

I don't want to jump the gun, but the fact that we were supposedly in so many talks about all these players, if we don't do a deal that is a good sign.

To me it shows we are eager to upgrade our roster but not desperate enough to overpay for these guys.

I agree with that logic, but you're right we still have all day. I didn't anticipate a move before today because we needed a full roster to see if we could sweep Detroit. Now that we have I think it's going to motivate them more to make a move today.

Agreed.  But, to me, it's already a good sign as to how the rumors have progressed (or regressed, depending on how we view it).  With each rumor, the asking price was way too high and it went from us being in talks with that team to us either hardlining on a fair deal or walking away.  It's good that we've went this long without biting, and it gives me faith that we'll hang on for the best deal or no deal at all if they don't come down on their idiotic demands.

Bobcats and Josh Smith rumors flying around....

Are they new rumors?  I haven't ever seen it come from a credible source. 

I'm still iffy on Smith.  I would've bit maybe like 2 years ago with the Hawks, but he just doesn't seem to be a very good team player and his futility from three this season is atrocious.  They'd have to give us another pick to take on that contract, IMO.  According to multiple reporters, his contract is viewed as the worst in the NBA right now, although I'd argue that would be Stoudemire's.

Archived