• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Junior!

Mayor Qumiby

Guest Dark Knight

Not wanting to put a spin on the whole Nascar/Daytona thing, but I disagree that Nascar is that healthy any longer. Empty stands are everywhere and even though there are contracts in place currently, I see sponsorships going away in the near future. There sport is suffering from dull boring racetracks, cars and gimmicks.

Now to the spin.

What would be better for a sport in order to drum up new fans and bring back old ones, than to have a woman on the pole last year, the number 3 on the pole this year, and Junior win this year?

I know it's not wrestling, but still, the thought exists.

Jr would have a championship by now if it was fixed.

Give the man credit... It's idiots like you that keep bringing up the #3 to gauge JR's career.

Dillon has a lot on his shoulders - I don't think NASCAR, RCR, or Dale Jr would let that # go easy if it weren't in good hands. 

Austin is a big time Panthers fan BTW. 

Not saying nascar is fixed but if you wanted to fix it, there is no easier place to do so than at a plate track. Make the plate a bit bigger and you have all the horses you need to run up front.

Jr winning Daytona should be a surprise to no one. I mean Danica even runs up front there. It is a track where equipment means everything. In a race where half the field was wrecked and the real dominate car (Hamlin) didn't have radio communications, it's just indicative of Jr being upfront and being one of the 5 or 6 people that could have won the race. He came on the short end the last few years but right place, right time this year.

Dale Jr looked like he was gonna dominate NASCAR in his father's footsteps early on.

He couldn't even beat Matt Kenseth for rookie of the year. The only people that have ever considered Dale Jr as a dominant force are the fans that he inherited from daddy.

Guest Dark Knight

He couldn't even beat Matt Kenseth for rookie of the year. The only people that have ever considered Dale Jr as a dominant force are the fans that he inherited from daddy.

2001: 8th, 3 wins, 9 top 5

2002: 11th, 2 wins, 11 top 5

2003: 3rd, 2 wins, 13 top 5

2004: 5th, 6 wins, 16 top 5

Yes, he was very good his first few years. And that was with dealing with his father's death. Then DEI fell apart & he never really recovered.

2001: 8th, 3 wins, 9 top 5

2002: 11th, 2 wins, 11 top 5

2003: 3rd, 2 wins, 13 top 5

2004: 5th, 6 wins, 16 top 5

Yes, he was very good his first few years. And that was with dealing with his father's death. Then DEI fell apart & he never really recovered.

The sport was also in a period of turnover where some really good drivers were about to break in...Hamlin, Kes, Logano, Bowyer, just to name a few.  

Look, Michael Waltrip won in DEI equipment.  It was good stuff.

Archived