• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Continuing Education Advice & Career Thread

The Saltman

What are your goals?

To not live week to week.

To not work poo hours so that I can have my daughter truly 50% of the time.

To have benefits.

To have upward mobility potential.

To feel productive.

To be able to provide a future for my daughter other than "well sweetie if you want to go to college you better get a scholarship or be prepared to live with student loan debt for the rest of your life"

I hate to sound corny, but the fact that you have those goals means your on the right track.  I would just keep plugging away and not get to stressed about it.  We'll all be dead in 100 years anyway.

Update on my situation. After having a lot more activity with interviews and such in recent weeks I was able to secure my first job in my career. This comes 6 months after graduating and plenty of job searching. The whole process has sucked but it feels good to finally get that opportunity. I am excited to finally put my degree to use.

Update on my situation. After having a lot more activity with interviews and such in recent weeks I was able to secure my first job in my career. This comes 6 months after graduating and plenty of job searching. The whole process has sucked but it feels good to finally get that opportunity. I am excited to finally put my degree to use.

Congrats

Archived