• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ravens plan to aggressively pursue Steve Smith

SCPantherFan

They were injury riddled last year and still got close. Now they have Revis and the draft.

Added Revis but may lose Vince Wilfork (who's dealing with an injury anyway even if he stays).

They didn't keep Blount, and word also they may dump Danny Amendola. And Gronk hasn't exactly been staying healthy lately.

Not me, I don't think it'll do much for his numbers or chance at a ring. Denver, NE, NO would be much better for those two reasons. My choice of those three would be Denver. I don't want to see him in NO, but they've expressed interest.

Well, I've always thought highly of the Ravens for some reason, and I think I meant it more like "rather them than the Saints."

If Denver is interested, they'd probably be who I hope he goes to most... his numbers would be ridiculous and with their defensive additions, they're my favorite again coming out of the AFC.

With the Patriots once again putting the screws to receiver Julian Edelman, Edelman finally may be screwing back.

Per multiple reports, Edelman will visit the 49ers on Friday.

Edelman, who generated 1,056 receiving yards in 2013, would provide an intriguing complement to a receiving corps that includesMichael CrabtreeAnquan Boldin, andVernon Davis.

The Patriots had made Edelman an offer on a three-year deal, pressing him to take it before the launch of free agency.  It’s unclear whether the door is open for a potential return.

New England Smitty, go and win.

Good point that I forget who brought up: Location. Smith is pretty settled here so I doubt he would want to move far away during the season, making Baltimore a very attractive fit. Unfortunately that makes Atlanta an attractive fit too :/

He'd be number three on the Falcon depth chart at best.

He'd be number three on the Falcon depth chart at best.

He's admitted that he is no longer a #1 option at WR, whether or not he would accept being a #3 is something I don't know. I do not want him to join the Falcons so I hope that keeps him from joining them. I think Baltimore would be a good fit for him location wise. Also, he could get 2-3 more years left in the NFL as a slot receiver.

No I certainly would not. Apparently you didn't sense my sarcasm

Didn't.  Sorry (hard to see in printed format)

He's admitted that he is no longer a #1 option at WR, whether or not he would accept being a #3 is something I don't know. I do not want him to join the Falcons so I hope that keeps him from joining them. I think Baltimore would be a good fit for him location wise. Also, he could get 2-3 more years left in the NFL as a slot receiver.

Honestly, Harry Douglas outdid him statwise last year in most categories except TDs, and the difference wasn't huge there (4 to 2).

Archived