• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Munnerlyn to Vikings- 3 year deal

SOJA

We're not set at TE or FB?

And did free agency end today, because I thought we still had a few more months?

Also, we're not allowed to pursue other team's cuts anymore?

i included fb with rb, te is olsen,williams is a ?

and doesn't look like were going to grab any FA unless they real are "free"

if other's team cuts are what were looking forward to in march it's going to be a long long long offseason

i included fb with rb, te is olsen,williams is a ?

and doesn't look like were going to grab any FA unless they real are "free"

if other's team cuts are what were looking forward to in march it's going to be a long long long offseason

So if we divide the team into eleven position groups (QB RB FB WR TE OL DL LB S CB ST) and by your count we are set at six of them (seven by my count) leaving us in need at WR, OL, and both DB slots (all positions which we knew had needs going into the offseason), how exactly do we stand as 'gutted'?

And remind me, how many big name / big money free agents did we sign last year before going 12-4?

IMO saying "we needed help at OL, WR, and CB anyway" doesn't really portray this predicament. Before we could've really used a player or two at each position as it was, but now in addition we've lost another ten or so bodies just at those positions.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

So if we divide the team into eleven position groups (QB RB FB WR TE OL DL LB S CB ST) and by your count we are set at six of them (seven by my count) leaving us in need at WR, OL, and both DB slots (all positions which we knew had needs going into the offseason), how exactly do we stand as 'gutted'?

And remind me, how many big name / big money free agents did we sign last year before going 12-4?

your straying away,this has nothing to do with big name FA or big money get that out your head and were good, we stand gutted because we didn't bother to resign any of the guys who could have and had previously helped this team, it's like were rebuilding but wtf for we just went 12-4 and some of the key guys who got us there were released or DG let them walk, cap issue i understand but we had numerous threads saying resigning hardy would hamper other positions of need and i'll be damned if that isn't what exactly happened

bottom line going into the offseason even the most basic analyst could see we had a few pieces missing , but now that's long gone.............this clearly is some kind of rebuilding step or something because with our division making the moves they have, waiting on other teams cuts is not going to get the job done.

your straying away,this has nothing to do with big name FA or big money get that out your head and were good, we stand gutted because we didn't bother to resign any of the guys who could have and had previously helped this team, it's like were rebuilding but wtf for we just went 12-4 and some of the key guys who got us there were released or DG let them walk, cap issue i understand but we had numerous threads saying resigning hardy would hamper other positions of need and i'll be damned if that isn't what exactly happened

bottom line going into the offseason even the most basic analyst could see we had a few pieces missing , but now that's long gone.............this clearly is some kind of rebuilding step or something because with our division making the moves they have, waiting on other teams cuts is not going to get the job done.

'Gutted' is an overstatement, especially after three days of free agency.

If we still have this roster in September, talk to me then.  But you'll pardon me if I find the notion that nothing significant will be accomplished in the next six months to be a tad shortsighted.

'Gutted' is an overstatement, especially after three days of free agency.

If we still have this roster in September, talk to me then.  But you'll pardon me if I find the notion that nothing significant will be accomplished in the next six months to be a tad shortsighted.

i'll admit gutted was a bit much but i do not like this "rebuild" direction we've taken, time will tell

I wouldn't say Captain is the best nickle in the league, I'm reserving that for Brandon Boykin, but Captain will be missed. Very versitale player that plays bigger than his size. Good for him getting paid, but the FO really screwed the pooch on this one.

Archived