• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers cut TE Kevin Brock...

Zod

Well, if we're putting together a track meet at TE we'll know who to pick up. Otherwise I don't buy any of that - and the guys on our depth chart are in order for a reason.

The facts are the facts. I wasn't selling anyone so I don't know what there is to buy. As for Brock he didn't get a look at all. I wonder what they didn't like to cast him off so soon. Davie is much slower and not a good receiver. I would have thought he would be the first to go. As for Rosario, after San Diego he disappeared quicker than a 20 dollar bill at a pickpocket convention. He is all potential and little else.

maybe we knew the guy was good and let him go because we were comforable with what we have..IDK judging by how fast he got picked off from waivers the rest of the NFL knows it too.

I will be interested to see if he makes their squad. If not then we were right to cut him. If so we will see if he can do something worthwhile.

hard to sell potential as a negative when we're comparing him to someone you've never seen take a snap of football and didn't make the first day of camp.

Forgive me if I am not very impressed with the Panther's history od correctly spotting talent or potential concerning a tight end. When was the last time we actually drafted a TE and developed him into a good player. Rasby, Gaines, Crawford, Broughton, Mangum, Kitchen, Seidman and the list goes on.

Getting cut from the panthers as a TE could mean you really suck or just prove again we suck at knowing the good ones from the bad.

fair enough then, wake me up when Brock has his first Pro Bowl. I can't believe we parted with a guy who had solid measurables on paper and none of us have seen him play! It's such a travesty.

As long as you wake me when any of our current or future tight ends ever make a pro-bowl. I have been waiting since Walls made it a decade ago. Any chance the current crop even gets close??

Exactly!

Given that our WRs are Pro Bowlers, our RBs should be? Sure, I'd take that over a Pro Bowl TE on a bad team. Face it - Rosario had one fantastic game. There's no reason for a TE to have 10 rec/TD games when Smith is having 150 yard, 2 TD games. There's no real room for that. Now if and when Muhammad finally fades, let's work at getting better.

So in the meantime let's stop crying over a guy you've never seen.

Given that our WRs are Pro Bowlers, our RBs should be? Sure, I'd take that over a Pro Bowl TE on a bad team. Face it - Rosario had one fantastic game. There's no reason for a TE to have 10 rec/TD games when Smith is having 150 yard, 2 TD games. There's no real room for that. Now if and when Muhammad finally fades, let's work at getting better.

So in the meantime let's stop crying over a guy you've never seen.

Seriously you make excuses for the TEs with stupid logic that since Smith is a pro-bowler and williams almost was then that makes it all better?

Look at Atlanta. Because they have a pro-bowler in White and a probowler in Turner, did they make excuses for piss poor TE play, or did they go out and get a perennial probowler in Gonzales to get even better?

Pro-bowl tight ends don't have to get 10 rec/td games to be a probowler. That would be 16 TDs and 160 receptions. Get real. And who said that we even have to have a pro-bowler. You brought up the probowler crap, not me. I would be glad with a guy who had 4 catches a game and one TD every other game. Any of our current TEs get even close?

King's best season thanks to David "I can't throw the ball deep" Carr was 46 catches for 406 yards and 2 TDs. If you count all three years together he has a total of 68 catches, 602 yards and 4 TDs. Still wouldn't get him in the probowl if they were all in one year.

No one is crying about anything. Just don't keep making excuses for crappy play by a bunch of average to poor tight-ends. We don't use the tight-end because ours suck. But we do know good ones. They are the ones that are going to burn us routinely. Look at all the other teams in our division. Atlanta has Gonzales, New Orleans has Shockey and Tampa has Winslow. Three pro-bowlers while we have King and Rosario.

Give me a break

So don't say you can't have all three because Atlanta already does and we will see what that does for a team when we face them twice this year.

New Orleans-Shockey

Atlanta-Gonzo

TB-Winslow

Carolina-...

As I was typing I thought of you actually. We don't agree on alot of things but I have to agree that it gets old when you keep hearing from folks who defend the status quo when it is clear in some areas we are very deficient compared for example with all the teams in our division. And TE is a glaring example where we are clearly way behind everyone else in the division.

Seriously you make excuses for the TEs with stupid logic that since Smith is a pro-bowler and williams almost was then that makes it all better?

It doesn't make it "better". It means expecting Rosario's SD game every game is about as unrealistic as believing Brock was better than what we have.

Look at Atlanta. Because they have a pro-bowler in White and a probowler in Turner, did they make excuses for piss poor TE play, or did they go out and get a perennial probowler in Gonzales to get even better?
They still don't have the offensive talent we have. Even still, Gonzalez probably doesn't get the 90 catch, 10 TD year he's had.

No one is crying about anything. Just don't keep making excuses for crappy play by a bunch of average to poor tight-ends.

I'm not excusing them. If you want to throw to a TE instead of letting our real talent make plays, with visions of 1999 Wesley Walls stuck in your head, that's your business. And yes, taking it this far is crying about Kevin Brock. He's a scrub. I'll take a young third round pick at a need position over a quicky aging former star or a pair of basket case Miami kids with injury problems.

Archived