• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 NHL PLAYOFFS (Round 2)

Seabrook got three games.

And that hit was brutal.

- The puck was gone

- Backes was slashed in the face right before the hit.

- He was turning which means he was going to be lower than Seabrook putting his head right at Seabrooks elbow.

- Seabrook turned making his elbow the main focus point of the hit on contact with Backes' head.

- One of Seabrooks skates was off ice before making contact with Backes (i.e. the charging call)

- The taunting was ridiculously stupid and uncalled for.

There are currently three lawsuits against the NHL regarding concussions and you have players out there saying "wakey wakey" after just concussing another player. That's absolutely uncalled for.

Initially, I thought it was a clean hit. But, Seabrook could have slowed down a bit once the puck was gone, which is the only reason he deserves punishment. Seabrook had it in his mind that he was going to hit him regardless if he got the puck or not. A few years ago and that hit is fine and most are blaming Backes for watching the puck, just a different day and age although I do agree he deserved some type of penalty. 3 games is too much IMO

Boston showed why they're the best in the East today. Pure domination over Detroit as they dictated the pace/game style right from the get-go. 

Big game tonight for the Habs-TB series. Tampa will come out flying but hopefully the Habs can hold them off at home. The Bell Centre will be rocking that's for sure. 

I'm surprised sticks don't get caught in the back of the net more often. Maybe in the future they can put a clear coating around the back or some kind of clear tarp so that it's smooth and no sticks can get caught, but yet you can see the puck cross the line.

Archived