• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who do you want at starting at WLB opening day AJ Klein or Chase Blackburn

Guest Irv

AJ klien or Chase blackburn  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want starting opening day

• AJ Klein
    • Chase Blackburn

Klein.  IMO, he and Blackburn are already very close, so give the nod to youth.  Luke is already the QB of the defense and TD already brings that veteran presence to the field in the LB corps.  Either way, Luke and TD are our nickel LBs, so either Klein or Blackburn are essentially two down players.  There will be a lot of games where our nickelback will probably play more snaps than either Klein or Blackburn.

Blackburn is a smart football player but he's incredibly slow.  AJ killed it (IMO) in the SF game so he gets my vote.

This.  Blackburn is a guy I really like having on the roster as an insurance policy, but I'd rather get Klein out there.  I admittedly didn't understand the pick last year, but the kid looks like he could be a real steal.

How do we know this?  For all we know, those could've been Blackburn's checks to make.

Maybe so, that's why I said it felt that way to me, but I will say this, I never see TD doing anything other than relaying the call to his side of the field that Luke has made.

With Chase there were times, it felt as if he was trying to change a call that Luke already made.

Archived