• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

4th Round - Carolina selects Tre Boston, S, UNC

Ruff

D/a with some of this but I do agree that I don't think they'll use him more than a 3rd stinger and ST guy this season. His versatility is very intriguing. I always thought he was a better CB

He was converted from CB originally. Pretty sure his cover skills aren't strong enough for that though, he loses the defender a lot.

And saying "trash" is strong worded. Not trash, but probably should've been passed on.

Has the potential to be what we wanted Sherrod Martin to be (said it once already) IF he's willing to work and listen to the coaches and vets. Mike Mitchell really wasn't about shite until he got behind our front 7. Don't think that could work for him?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Don't know if the topic was started. Delete if so. But I go to school at UNC. Tre Boston is not a bad pick. I just think he is very inconsistent. One game he is Earl Thomas. Another game he is Haruki Nakamura. However, this whole draft I can see Gettleman's perspective on this draft. He is trying to bank on the upside of ever player he drafts. He believes that upside will be reached because he trust in our coaches and our players to mentor them. Because I believe that Tre Boston's potential was around 3rd-2nd round. Trai Turner 2nd round. Kony ealy- mid to late first round. Kelvin Benjamin- top 5-10 pick.

haruki nakamure dose'nt cut it

He was converted from CB originally. Pretty sure his cover skills aren't strong enough for that though, he loses the defender a lot.

And saying "trash" is strong worded. Not trash, but probably should've been passed on.

Yup I gotcha. I know u watched a lot unc football too. I was a little surprised with a 4th rounder.

Unfortunately I'm a UNC football fan, and I have to say I really hate this pick. Tre just hasn't been a good player, and hasn't shown anything that I could imagine an NFL scout would look for. Actually his "highlight" reel even shows his decencies. I don't see him being better than Nakamura was, and I have a feeling he'll be around just as long.

I so hope Tre beats Harper out for that spot... his athleticism and range are so much better. I dont love the pick but I do like it considering his versatility and as previously mentioned, I dont want Harper taking a snap on defense.

As a former classmate, and after seeing him play for years, I say despite his wiry frame, he packs a punch and is a ballhawk. At his best, he makes plays and seems at times like a 2013 Mike Mitchell-lite. But, at times he also leaves quite a bit to be desired. Bottomline, if he beats out Harper, great pick.

You have ranted and raved for two days. That us what is amusing.

I am surprised that we did not take an OT. But, after prob the 4th round, the guys on our roster are prob better. Hell two if the guys everyone has been screaming for since the 2nd round (Hurst and Tiny) are still on the board and will likely go undrafted.

Ealy was too good in the 2nd to pass up...not to mention the Hardy and CJ issue looming.

S and CB were needs and we addressed both.

Would have taken another WR, but again it was not my call.

I salute the Panthers for gambling on a WR. We are no different at WR than the Jaguars are at QB...gotta keep trying until you find the right one.

I am a fan of KB, even though he cost my school the national championship. I've been high on him for months. I hope he pans out. 

Honestly I loved our first-round pick, just didn't hardly like any others except maybe Benwikere.

Has big time potential! Seen him play a lot. Needs to get better at wrapping up & keeping his head up when tackling. Coaching will fix that. Still offers us the ability to play in the box & be a ball hawk has good instincts. Played in a lot of different schemes at UNC.Which I think will help him once he becomes comfortable with the same scheme & which hurt him at UNC. Never really had much of a front 4 in front of him while at UNC due to suspensions. Learning from the vets that we brought in will pay huge dividends. Can be the vocal leader we need on the back end. I think Lester & Boston are just getting groomed from the vets & more experience & will take over in a yr or 2. Great pick

Archived