• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 World Cup

Ja  Rhule

My guess is

G: Howard

RB: DeMarcus Beasley

CB: Matt Besler

CB: Omar Gonzalez

LB: Fabian Johnson

DM: Michael Bradley

DM: Jermaine Jones

RM: Graham Zusi

CM: Clint Dempsey

LM: Alejandro Bedoya

F: Jozy Altidore

Bench

Brad Guzan

Geoff Cameron

John Brooks

Mix Diskerud

Julian Green

Chris Wondolowski

Aron Johannsson

Stuck Green on the bench because it's a toss-up between him and Beckerman but Klinsmann has a hard on for Green.

My guess is

G: Howard

RB: DeMarcus Beasley

CB: Matt Besler

CB: Omar Gonzalez

LB: Fabian Johnson

DM: Michael Bradley

DM: Jermaine Jones

RM: Graham Zusi

CM: Clint Dempsey

LM: Alejandro Bedoya

F: Jozy Altidore

Bench

Brad Guzan

Geoff Cameron

John Brooks

Mix Diskerud

Julian Green

Chris Wondolowski

Aron Johannsson

Stuck Green on the bench because it's a toss-up between him and Beckerman but Klinsmann has a hard on for Green.

I'm interested to see where Klinsmann goes with Beasley/Johnson. More recently, Johnson has been deployed as a LM for USMNT, while Beasley has gotten the nod at LB.

Are you guys Tim Howard fans?

He's good, he proved it with Everton, however I think Guzan and even Rimando are pretty solid as well.

He's a high-quality player and a good leader, but he's good for one of those "what the fug" moments every few matches. I'm just hoping it doesn't really hurt us.

He's a high-quality player and a good leader, but he's good for one of those "what the fug" moments every few matches. I'm just hoping it doesn't really hurt us.

He's probably the right choice back there. It just drives me crazy that he seems to punch/deflect everything rather than try and catch it. Maybe I'm over-critical as a former goalie, but I definitely notice it. He'll make a great save but someone has to clear it before there's a rebound shot.

He's probably the right choice back there. It just drives me crazy that he seems to punch/deflect everything rather than try and catch it. Maybe I'm over-critical as a former goalie, but I definitely notice it. He'll make a great save but someone has to clear it before there's a rebound shot.

Yea. He has a tendency to get over-ambitious with his punches too. He got caught out several times this season doing it.

Are you guys Tim Howard fans?

Yes! Absolutely. He's one of your captain/leader figures you've all been talking about earlier in the thread.

The key thing about Donovan is is he better than who he's being dropped for? I'd put a recent hit-and-miss but proven vs too opposition player in Landon over someone like Altidore who has looked useless whenever I've seen him.

Even if Landon wouldn't be a starter he could be an influential and experienced sub - like Defoe could've been and should've been this World Cup.

In Klinsmann we/you trust, but one disagreement out of the whole of the squad selection isn't too bad going for a manager :)

Archived