• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Corey "Philly" Brown our Victor Cruz

Hopefully it was first day butterflies.

I was impressed with his highlight reel.   Seemed to make some pretty tough catches. 

Can't hurt to hope.

It may not hurt to hope, but round here it will get you ridiculed. For some strange reason way too many folks just don't like it when you hope for the best.

As for me? Keep that hope alive.

I saw a guy roughly 5' 9" with steve smith speed at the park the other day. If you cherry pick his top 3 plays aka highlights he plays exactly like steve smith

What a stupid comeback.  Really..   How does your comparison relate to mine.   Steve Smith was drafted you weren't.   As we all know that you are referring to yourself as being that good.

Cruz was a UFDA and so was Philly Brown.  Similar size, similar speed and the same man found and picked both.   While you may disagree that Philly Brown will never be like Cruz the comparison is far closer that you smart ass comment.

It may not hurt to hope, but round here it will get you ridiculed. For some strange reason way too many folks just don't like it when you hope for the best.

As for me? Keep that hope alive.

HAPLO E.....   Of course it isn't easy for you to keep the hope alive.  What better way to spend your time than to go on your favorite teams forum and bitch about how bad things are.  Especially since we went 4-12.....wait my dyslexia is kicking in.  12-4.   I mean good god how can you be so happy when we went 12-4 the previous year.    

I am with ya, iamhubby1.   I always try and see the bright side.   It is going to be fun if this guy turns out to be a gem. 

What a stupid comeback. Really.. How does your comparison relate to mine. Steve Smith was drafted you weren't. As we all know that you are referring to yourself as being that good.

Cruz was a UFDA and so was Philly Brown. Similar size, similar speed and the same man found and picked both. While you may disagree that Philly Brown will never be like Cruz the comparison is far closer that you smart ass comment.

He said he saw someone, not himself. So unless he was catching footballs whilst looking at a mirror I don't see how he would be referring to himself

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Really... I didn't know that. Man thanks for the update. Jesus and I thought he was our Fugging first round pick.

Didn't I say UDFA? Didn't I say he was similar is size and speed to Cruz.

WTF is your problem. Add an intelligent comment or just STFU.

Jesus Christ pricks like you really piss me the fug off.

They are no where near similar in size. That's like saying Cam & RG3 are similar in size.

Really...  I didn't know that.    Man thanks for the update.  Jesus and I thought he was our Fugging first round pick.  

Didn't I say UDFA?   Didn't I say he was similar is size and speed to Cruz. 

WTF is your problem.   Add an intelligent comment or just STFU.

Jesus Christ pricks like you really piss me the fug off.

well that escalated quickly 

He said he saw someone, not himself. So unless he was catching footballs whilst looking at a mirror I don't see how he would be referring to himself

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Pay Attention

I know what the fug he said.   

He may have said "he knew someone once" when actually that someone was himself.

Get it

It was about as far fetched as his little comparison to himself (guy he saw) and Steve Smith compared to my comparison of Cruz and Brown.

Got it?  Understand?  Or do I have to speak a little slower for you to understand.

According to the Panthers official site "Philly" Brown is 6'0 190. The link is here.

So either he has put on some size and grew since those measurements were last taken or the info is wrong.

I honestly could see Brown making the roster. I really think we could have a few UDFA on the offensive side of the ball make the team especially at offensive line.last year we had a bunch of rookies help our defense rise to the top and now I hope rookies can help our offense rise to the top. Brown will try to make the roster as the #5 WR. We are in need of a punt return man since Ginn is gone and Brown has done the job in college. Pilares is the only other WR out of the group with return ability. So right out of the bat Brown already has a head start over King, Mcnutt, Lucas and Bersin.

Not trying to go way off topic but since Im taking about UDFA I must say my two cents. The offensive line is depleted so Wheeler, Norwell and Foucault have a great shot of making the team I also think Denicos Allen has a good shot of making the team and becoming another Jordan Senn like player. I actually think Allen has more upside than Senn.

Archived