• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Hardy reportedly returns to Panthers' workouts

SgtJoo

Greg Hardy

Cam Newton

Luke Kuechly

Star Lotulelei

Kelvin Benjamin

Those are the best players from each of the last 5 drafts. They are also the core of this team & untouchable. Anyone else is expendable; Davis, Johnson, Kalil, Olsen, Williams, Stewart, etc. They're all replaceable, & watching how Dave operates I'd assume will be replaced sooner rather than later. The 5 guys listed above aren't going anywhere for the next 4-6 years. They are the pillars of this team.

Kalil is expendable??? Id personally put his value FAR above Kelvin (man hasnt even played a single down yet in the NFL) and even Star. Hell, if we cant even get respectable help for the O-line mess we have now...how is Kalil (you know, a 3 time pro-bolwer) expendable and replaceable given our current situation?

Kalil is expendable??? Id personally put his value FAR above Kelvin (man hasnt even played a single down yet in the NFL) and even Star. Hell, if we cant even get respectable help for the O-line mess we have now...how is Kalil (you know, a 3 time pro-bolwer) expendable and replaceable given our current situation?

Kalil's cap hit is gonna be enormous in 2 years and he'll be on the wrong side of 30. If you don't think Dave will send him packing you're in denial. Kalil will either take a massive pay cut off he'll be gone.

As for why Hardy wanted the advance, he wasn't broke but the advance helped him afford to buy many of the things he's wanted. It also helped the Panthers guarantee he would not miss OTAs, which he's been spotty on in the past. It also allowed the team to clear some of the $13.1 million Hardy is owed off the books.

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers

Found this on David Newton's blog.  What exactly does he mean, "allowed the team to clear some of the $13.1 million Hardy is owed off the books."?  That money still counts against the 2014-2015 cap, right?  Why would it matter if it's off the books if it's still counting against the cap?  

kalil is my favorite panther

<-----obviously

but i know he could possibly be cut in the next two years unless he takes a pay cut. his cap hit is absurd for a center at that point, and if people are talking about cutting CJ then they should be talking about cutting Kalil as well. We have a chance to find his replacement or he works out a deal with the team.

i'm praying to god its the latter because i REALLY REALLY don't wanna change my avatar, ever.

kalil is my favorite panther

<-----obviously

but i know he could possibly be cut in the next two years unless he takes a pay cut. his cap hit is absurd for a center at that point, and if people are talking about cutting CJ then they should be talking about cutting Kalil as well. We have a chance to find his replacement or he works out a deal with the team.

i'm praying to god its the latter because i REALLY REALLY don't wanna change my avatar, ever.

Thus one of the biggest, and least discussed, draw backs of restructuring a contract for cap relief.  Increasing the numbers on the back end shorten the amount of years on the contract you can actually justify paying.

WOW, sure glad the contract year is over, now we can get down to who I really am.  Ole Moose was a master of contract years.  We get a good year right before it then he becomes invisible.  Hardy, has a chance to show he deserves the money but then pulls this.

Our locker room should have Parable of Little Rat in big letters!!!

Seems little rat running across railroad tracks and train comes along and cuts of little piece of his tail.

He couldn't believe that so he spun around to see what happened and next wheel came along and took his head off!!!

Moral of story is never loose your head over a little piece of Tail!!!!

Remember this and pass it on to folks in danger of this happening to them and world be a better place!!!

Archived