• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Walterfootball strikes again

JJman

The Texans didn't have a competent QB.

Schaub took them to the playoffs in 2012 and played well in 2011 until he got hurt.  2013...he just fell apart.  No one expected that...the Texans were considered a pre-season Superbowl contender.  They still had a good defense but that wasn't enough.  Hell Matt Ryan was healthy all year for Atlanta in 2013 and they were 4-12.  Who the hell expected that?  If Cam got hurt or just had a down year Carolina could easily be 4-12.  

In fairness, most people around the country think we are without weapons-heck, there are Panther fans who think so. When you consider the power of our offense last year, 12-4 was a fluke. Our offense was bad. However, when we ditch one of the the least productive WR corps in the NFL, the press goes bonkers. We got better.

Now take a look at the OL--was RG our biggest concern? Think about it. It allows us to move Chandler to T. It allows us to move Williams to T. We created competition and it is possible that we get better at 2 positions while saving a roster spot (Kalil's backup will be Turner).

We need guards to run the ball, and that is what we intend to do. However, the nation does not get it. They think we got worse. We didn't. However, I am concerned that Tampa, Atlanta and NO got better too.

Bravo! What's you favorite pie? Here, have some of mine.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

did you hear him say he didn't like money?

Nope, obviously the reason he plays. 

My point was, running backs have a tough time having a long career and successful in the nfl, and the ones who do typically have a passion for the game. Wouldn't draft in the first round, much less top 7.  He'll be awesome through his first contract I'm sure, though. 

As an AU fan, Gurley is a damn beast.

And I would be happy to see the Panthers take him with the 32nd pick of the 1st round. 

Oh, and I'm glad Aaron Murray's in the NFL now too.   :P

Haha I hear ya.  I was never too high on Murray, but he was great for a college QB. It was more of the system and players around him, though, in my opinion.  

See - Texans

I think the Texans took a big step back on both sides of the ball last year. I believe they were top 10 in offense and defense in 2012 but were at or near the bottom in both categories in 2013.

Panther defense seems to be close to the same if not better baring injury of course. Not saying it can't happen but I think other things have to go downhill to make the season a total debacle.

Archived