• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What if we got lucky?

It won't matter how healthy he is if our O-Line can't hold their blocks.

Stewart like Tolbert takes time to get going and by the time they get to the hole, it's usually closed.

It's not their fault, it's just a serious problem we have with our O-Line. They can't hold their blocks long enough for our backs to hit the hole.

Having Silatolu back and adding Turner will help but at the end of the day one is coming off of an injury and the other is a rookie. It could take at least til' week five before both of them are caught up physically mentally, and in Turner's case experience also plays a major role.

Not to mention the fact that we have the worst tandem of tackle's in the league.

It's not Stewart's, Tolbert's, or William's fault; it's just the way the cookie crumbles.

The only thing is this post with any actual truth? That having Amini back, coupled with Turner will make our interior line much better.

Other than that, you are just throwing out imaginary worries.

I'm usually very optimistic about the team every year. But my optimism tank about Stew being healthy anytime after week one is really, really low.

really low.

Stewy is off the bike, and participating. By all accounts he is on pace to not only be healthy, but back to normal. I see him being a big part of the running game again.

I also wish to know where this "DWill falls back with contact" crap comes form? He was at the top of the league with yards after contact for the last few years.

When DWill is not hit in the backfield, he has a knack for positive yards.

Too many folks hear something and run with it. The Stewy lovers always us this as a negative against DWill when it ain't close to be true.

Stewy looks to be healthy. Shouldn't that be enough? Ah hellz, this is the Huddle, nothing is good enough for most of the folks on here.

The only thing is this post with any actual truth? That having Amini back, coupled with Turner will make our interior line much better.

Other than that, you are just throwing out imaginary worries.

Stewy is off the bike, and participating. By all accounts he is on pace to not only be healthy, but back to normal. I see him being a big part of the running game again.

They're not worries... there factual statements. If somehow you got a worrisome tone from that post then you clearly misread it.

Our O-Line has problems creating holes... simple as that.

Go watch a game (check out the highlights of the playoff game against the 49ers).

I believe the biggest help for mike shula is a healthy in shape stew(great OL too). Its been soooo long, but stew is a complete RB. Runs with power and some speed, very good hands and routes, plus good biltz pickup. Plus he's got one of best stiff arms in the game. All that doesn't matter pedeling on the bike.

They're not worries... there factual statements. If somehow you got a worrisome tone from that post then you clearly misread it.

Our O-Line has problems creating holes... simple as that.

Go watch a game (check out the highlights of the playoff game against the 49ers).

The thing is: You are basing your fears on the past, and are disregarding any positives. Like growth, and additions.

Bell played LT in college, just maybe he can be a decent LT. Or that Chandler is getting the reps he needs to actually do a good job. What about Turner? There is a very good possibility that our Line can be better than last year.

If so, with a healthy Stewy added to the mix. And the addition of Cotchery, Avant, and KB. Maybe, just maybe, our Offense will improve.

That is the problem with folks that use their fear of the past to predict the future. It clouds their judgment.

The thing is: You are basing your fears on the past, and are disregarding any positives. Like growth, and additions.

Bell played LT in college, just maybe he can be a decent LT. Or that Chandler is getting the reps he needs to actually do a good job. What about Turner? There is a very good possibility that our Line can be better than last year.

If so, with a healthy Stewy added to the mix. And the addition of Cotchery, Avant, and KB. Maybe, just maybe, our Offense will improve.

That is the problem with folks that use their fear of the past to predict the future. It clouds their judgment.

It's not a fear of the past, it's called being reasonable and not setting yourself up for failure.

And to be honest your post really has nothing to do with mine.

The topic was on Stewart and the run game that's it... Not the overall offense.

And as far as the overall run game is concerned, if we can't hold are blocks long enough for our big backs to get to the hole, we're going to struggle running the ball, it's as simple as that. Even Adrian Peterson and LeSean McCoy need holes to run through. Stewart, Tolbert, and Williams are no exception.

Oh and lol at our line having a good chance at being better than last years. Your optimism is blinding your reason. You don't lose your Pro Bowl left tackle and magically have a better O-Line. Our interior has the potential to be better (if Silatolu stays healthy and progresses and a Turner catches on real quick) but as far as the exterior, only a complete homer would say that it's in better shape.

Time will tell about Bell and Chandler but expecting them to come in a be world-beaters is foolish and like I said, setting yourself up for failure.

Archived