• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 Stanley Cup Final...

KillerKat

Welp gotta go to bed. Gotta go to work in the AM. Game should've been at 7. Hate that they want to make the west coast happy. If they start at 7 at least everyone sees the end. I'd rather see the end than the beginning if I had to choose.

Dude, it was 5PM in LA on a Wednesday- when do you want them to start?

Rangers can't score unless they shoot the puck- 3 shots or something ridiculous in the third period isn't going to get it done.

Kings had a lot more left in the tank when it got to the final period and OT.

man I did not realize Justin Williams was this good when he was on the canes. Our GM is retarded 

Williams was traded by the Hurricanes to the Los Angeles Kings for Patrick O'Sullivan and Calgary's 2nd round draft pick

We also got Rutuu for Ladd who is now capt of the jets. 

The canes are so mismanaged it really sucks

Justin Williams had major injury concerns (torn ACL and MCL and a broken hand in two years) so it was a matter of they didnt think he would be the same player when he came back.  I'm pretty sure he was injured when they traded him.  O'Sullivan was traded for Erik Cole who helped us reach the conference finals.  They did sign O'Sullivan like two years later but that guy has way more problems than being a bad hockey player.

Ladd was hot garbage here and the trade for Ruutu was a swap of disappointing former first round picks.  Ladd found his game in Chicago and Ruutu had a nice career here.

man I did not realize Justin Williams was this good when he was on the canes. Our GM is retarded

Williams was traded by the Hurricanes to the Los Angeles Kings for Patrick O'Sullivan and Calgary's 2nd round draft pick

We also got Rutuu for Ladd who is now capt of the jets.

The canes are so mismanaged it really sucks

O'Sullivan was flipped for Erik Cole which makes it sting a little less but regardless it sucked (stint #2).

We literally did an overhaul after we won the cup in 06. Three years after we won the cup the team was entirely different... That team was good enough to win at least two cups and should have been kept together for two more seasons.

Craig Adams, Kevyn Adams, Keith Aucoin, Anton Babchuck, Rod Brind'Amour, Erik Cole, Matt Cullen, Mike Commodore, Martin Gerber, David Gove, Bret Hedican, Andrew Hutchinson, Frank Kaberle, Andrew Ladd, Chad LaRose, Mark Recchi, Eric Staal, Corey Stillman, Oleg Tverdovsky, Josef Vasicek, Niclas Wallin, Aaron Ward, Cam Ward, Justin Williams, Doug Weight, Glen Wesley, and Ray Whitney...

Damn

It's also funny how these guys continued to get better as they left...

Craig Adams is a career third-liner for the Penguins.

Erik Cole left and had good stints with the Habs and Stars.

Anton Babchuk had a couple good seasons for the Flames.

Mike Commodore had a few decent years with the Blue Jackets and Red Wings I believe.

Matt Cullen had some very good years with Minnesota.

Andrew Ladd eventually became the captain of the Jets.

Mark Recchi became a perennial playoff ***** with the Bruins.

Corey Stillman went on to have a good career with Florida before returning home.

Ray Whitney had a solid career with the Coyotes and Stars.

Doug Weight had a few good seasons with the Islanders.

Aaron Ward got a top four role in Boston before returning to Carolina.

Justin Williams became a monster for L.A.

And not to mention we traded Radim Vrbata during the season who has become a very good player for Phoenix.

And two years sometimes isn't enought, for the most part the Kings are the exact same team they were three years ago.

And to be quite frank, being a cheap team cost us. Sometimes you have to spend a little money to keep up with the big boys.

Man it just seemed we let all the wrong players go and kept all the ones that were replaceable. After watching these playoffs I realize how far behind we actually are. It sucks too cause the Canes are in cap hell too but they got a sucky team to boot. At least the panthers have a good team to go along with the cap hell. I just don't see us getting away from the bottom 10 for next 3 years. 

This isn't the thread to discuss the Hurricanes so this is the last thing I'll say.

I don't have any inside info but I think that the current group will be given one more chance and if they aren't in playoff position come next seasons trade deadline then Eric Staal, Alex Semin, Jordan Staal etc... will all be traded for prospects, picks, and young players on the rise. The only untouchables being Skinner, Lindholm, Faulk, and whoever our draft pick is this year.

Dude, it was 5PM in LA on a Wednesday- when do you want them to start?

Rangers can't score unless they shoot the puck- 3 shots or something ridiculous in the third period isn't going to get it done.

Kings had a lot more left in the tank when it got to the final period and OT.

West Coast has to suffer some. Start it 4 - 4:30 pm their time. That way when it goes into OT, everyone can see it.

Btw, the actual game didn't start till almost 8:30. Maybe if they actually start the game the time it's scheduled on it might help also.

West Coast has to suffer some. Start it 4 - 4:30 pm their time. That way when it goes into OT, everyone can see it.

Btw, the actual game didn't start till almost 8:30. Maybe if they actually start the game the time it's scheduled on it might help also.

The game ended before 11:30. I watched the entire thing and some of the post game and was still at work at 7 today (with a 35 mile commute). Starting it at 4 p.m. Pacific would have been retarded. 

The game ended before 11:30. I watched the entire thing and some of the post game and was still at work at 7 today (with a 35 mile commute). Starting it at 4 p.m. Pacific would have been retarded.

Awesome 'cause you know everyone has the exact same metabolism and stuff.

O'Sullivan was flipped for Erik Cole which makes it sting a little less but regardless it sucked (stint #2).

We literally did an overhaul after we won the cup in 06. Three years after we won the cup the team was entirely different... That team was good enough to win at least two cups and should have been kept together for two more seasons.

Craig Adams, Kevyn Adams, Keith Aucoin, Anton Babchuck, Rod Brind'Amour, Erik Cole, Matt Cullen, Mike Commodore, Martin Gerber, David Gove, Bret Hedican, Andrew Hutchinson, Frank Kaberle, Andrew Ladd, Chad LaRose, Mark Recchi, Eric Staal, Corey Stillman, Oleg Tverdovsky, Josef Vasicek, Niclas Wallin, Aaron Ward, Cam Ward, Justin Williams, Doug Weight, Glen Wesley, and Ray Whitney...

Damn

It's also funny how these guys continued to get better as they left...

Craig Adams is a career third-liner for the Penguins.

Erik Cole left and had good stints with the Habs and Stars.

Anton Babchuk had a couple good seasons for the Flames.

Mike Commodore had a few decent years with the Blue Jackets and Red Wings I believe.

Matt Cullen had some very good years with Minnesota.

Andrew Ladd eventually became the captain of the Jets.

Mark Recchi became a perennial playoff ***** with the Bruins.

Corey Stillman went on to have a good career with Florida before returning home.

Ray Whitney had a solid career with the Coyotes and Stars.

Doug Weight had a few good seasons with the Islanders.

Aaron Ward got a top four role in Boston before returning to Carolina.

Justin Williams became a monster for L.A.

And not to mention we traded Radim Vrbata during the season who has become a very good player for Phoenix.

Matt Cullen and Aaron Ward followed the money to the Rangers after the cup.  Recchi and Weight were acquired during the season and were never going to be more than rentals.  The rest played at least two more years before leaving the Canes?

Also everyone bolded played at least two years for the canes after the cup year

(Maybe we should start a new thread? I dont want to keep derailing this one but I kind of wanted to point this out.)

Archived