• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 World Cup: Group D

Goondal

Costa Rica 2-1-0 (+3) 7

Uruguay 2-0-1 (EV) 6

Italy 1-0-2 (-1) 3

England 0-1-2 (-2) 1

Like Group B, Group D is just as much of a Group of Death as Group G is.  As with B, it is easy to see who will finish fourth.  Next to Australia, Costa Rica is probably the most likely to leave Brazil without a point.  As is also the case with B, we have three teams here that are threats to at least reach the quarters.

I feel that England is going to finish a disappointing third behind the other two.  The big question in this group is obviously how much, if anything, Luis Suarez will be able to add.  Even so, I am taking Uruguay to finish first with Italy second.  Italy then beats Colombia before falling to the host in the quarters while I have Uruguay reaching the finals.

Ok, so I'm watching this game. And confused because this goalie was out of the box and didn't have the ball in his hands but was about to bend over. Can they not touch that hand using fug? Or at least charge him to keep his hands off the ball?

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Ok, so I'm watching this game. And confused because this goalie was out of the box and didn't have the ball in his hands but was about to bend over. Can they not touch that hand using fug? Or at least charge him to keep his hands off the ball?

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Huh?

They won't stay there. I'd still be absolutely shocked if they qualified. Pretty much shut the door on Uruguay advancing.

I would be too shocked as well.  Uruguay is still in it if they beat England, which I expect to happen and Italy takes care of Costa Rica, which I also expect.  Then if England beats Costa Rica, which they should, Uruguay only needs a draw in the finale with Italy.  A lot of ifs, I know, but all certainly possible, particularly the first three.

Archived