• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hayward agrees to sign

Miami was the only contender in the East. Charlotte could've won the first 2 rounds in 8 games & they still would've been snacked around by Miami in the ECF.

Which is my point...

There's no need to go out & just spend money for the sake of spending money. Charlotte isn't gonna contend for a title until the young players develop. Mainly MKG & Vonleh. Charlotte needs one of them to become a star to have a chance.

Without McRoberts they're already worse than they were last year, regardless of what you think.

No one has advocated "just spending money," so you can drop that phrase from the discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Without McRoberts they're already worse than they were last year, regardless of what you think.

No one has advocated "just spending money," so you can drop that phrase from the discussion.

Please??

Cody by the end of the season was earning more minutes then Mcbob.

Again if your buzz was built off them signing a big name. Then you didn't have much Buzz anyway.

This team will be solid and better then last season without a big time signing.

Then you might as well find another team to root for.

Mcbob is gone and no big signing are happening.

Ridiculous comment. Why the fug would you tell me McRoberts is gone when I just said the team, at this point, is worse without him? This is obvious to anyone with half a brain. What that has to do with "rooting for" can only make sense to a "fan," a word I consider to be a pejorative, as you consistently prove.

Please??

Cody by the end of the season was earning more minutes then Mcbob.

Again if your buzz was built off them signing a big name. Then you didn't have much Buzz anyway.

This team will be solid and better then last season without a big time signing.

Yeah, when someone says you want to make a splash in free agency to CONTINUE the positive momentum that has been built this year (playoffs + rebranding), what they are saying is the "buzz" was "built off signing a big name," as in solely about that.

Yeah, that's exactly what they mean. *sarcasm*

Alright think about it.

I have $25 says we make the playoffs above a 7th seed. Are you willing to take that bet??

I don't make bets. If the Heat break up, they might not even make the Playoffs next year, so if the rest of order just remains the same, the Hornets would move up to 6th by default. It won't remain the same, but the point is the Hornets could have a worse record and still be higher than 7th based on what the rest of the East does. So no, I wouldn't make that bet, and no one should.

In other words, without McRoberts and any good signing, they will be worse and could have a worse record, but that still doesn't mean that they can't be higher than 7th.

Here's the thing about the Hayward signing that I haven't seen mentioned.

Cleveland was willing to offer the same deal we did and balked because they were so sure Utah would match (and that LeBron fella.)

I believe we knew the exact same thing but went forth with hosting him (and trolling Utah in the process) to send a message to Al as much as anyone else. He and Al had a good rapport in Utah and Al really recruited hard to get him here on a visit. By throwing max money at a guy like Heyward even when it's a foregone conclusion we won't get him says to Al that he is our franchise player and we want to build around him which will entice him to re-up with us when his contract is up. For that reason I wouldn't be surprised if we make a run at Paul Millsap when he expires next year (I think. Might be wrong on that one.)

This also sends a message to other free agents out there (LANCE) that may not have Charlotte high on the list that we have money and are willing to spend it.

Alright think about it.

I have $25 says we make the playoffs above a 7th seed. Are you willing to take that bet??

Sign me up.

If we don't sign any legitimate FA, no way we're better than last year. We just lost our PG (McRob) to the Heat, and he was nothing but an average role player.

When I'm talking about "legitimate", it stops at Trevor Ariza.

Sign me up.

If we don't sign any legitimate FA, no way we're better than last year. We just lost our PG (McRob) to the Heat, and he was nothing but an average role player.

When I'm talking about "legitimate", it stops at Trevor Ariza.

We will be better than last yr even without McRibs. 

We will be better than last yr even without McRibs.

(I) We will be better if we sign a legitimate FA (Hayward).

(II) We will be better if Kemba and MKG take their game to another level.

(III) We will be better if Zeller turns out to be worthy of the no4 overall pick or Vonleh goes crazy as a rookie.

Other than that, no. You guys wanna think that we're the only team who's getting better. All the other 14 teams in the East are also better. Well, except the Heat if they lose both LBJ and Bosh, and maybe the Pistons.

"One" move (Hayward/FA) will be the difference between Charlotte being a top3 in the East or fighting for a no7/8 seed. The Cavs with or without LBJ and Orlando should be better. The Bucks could even win a few more games.

Archived