• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LVSL Seeded Play: #10 Mavericks vs. #23 Hornets

Dorian Gray

You worry too much. His role will be different in the regular season ad he will be in better shape.

Reminds me of his freshman year at UNC. Fundamentals are good. He will be streaky, but he will get better.

You're right, his role will be different as he may not see the floor if we keep Henderson (which at this point we should).

He's shooting below 30% in summer league in four straight games. Like you said, he is a streaky shooter and until he gets that under control he isn't a better option than Neal.

I have no doubt that Hairston can become a good player but expectations were too high for him from our fan base. It's time to bring it down a notch.

Yes it's summer league, but shooting ability shouldn't go away in summer league.

You worry too much. His role will be different in the regular season ad he will be in better shape.

Reminds me of his freshman year at UNC. Fundamentals are good. He will be streaky, but he will get better.

21ppg @ 45% in 26 games in the NBDL... it's been 4 summer league games.  I'm sure we could find similar 4 games stretches in Kobe's (among other SG's) stats too.

You're right, his role will be different as he may not see the floor if we keep Henderson (which at this point we should).

He's shooting below 30% in summer league in four straight games. Like you said, he is a streaky shooter and until he gets that under control he isn't a better option than Neal.

I have no doubt that Hairston can become a good player but expectations were too high for him from our fan base. It's time to bring it down a notch.

This^^^  for him and Noah both.

21ppg @ 45% in 26 games in the NBDL... it's been 4 summer league games. I'm sure we could find similar 4 games stretches in Kobe's (among other SG's) stats too.

If you want to try and fine four straight games where Kobe shot below 30% then be my guest.

My point was that Hairston doesn't look like he's ready to be a back-up yet.

No doubt expectations are too high.

I will say this,

Zeller looked really good.

Outside of those six fouls he played really well especially in the pick and roll. He also spent a decent amount of time in the paint and showed some good technically sound post moves. Then of course he knocked down a few 15ft and 18ft jumpers.

Personally, I'd be fine with Cody backing up someone like Boozer this year and then taking over next year. If it doesn't work out we will still have Marvin Williams on the roster who can play the four.

But I think Zeller is going to make the jump this I year to a legit NBA player. I could see him averaging 10 and 5.

Well, just as PJ may have been given tons of praise he hadn't necessarily earned yet, it's not time to relegate him to an entire rookie year on the bench either.

As tee said, it seems a lot like his transition from his freshman to sophomore year at UNC.  He'll figure it out and when he does, he's going to light it up.  Regardless, even though his shooting percentage is horrid right now, guys defer to him because he can create and make his own shot.  It will start falling and he will be a formidable weapon for us.

PJ is trying so hard to prove what he is.  He is taking bad, off balanced shots.  

It is going to be soooo good for him not to have so much on his plate for his rookie season.  

He will get to come in for a few minutes a game and be scoring off of the bench.  He will def need to clean up his shot selection (I know he will cause this is just summer league), to get a lot of playing time.  

I really like Vonleh.  We were so lucky to get him at #9.  He has some decent post moves, when those hooks start falling he is going to be dangerous.  I want to see him and Big Al work together in the post.  When people double Big Al, Vonleh should get a lot of offensive boards and put backs.  

Archived