• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kink in the Enemy Armor

Beast_3000

It says, in Revelations, that Stewie will play in 2014. I think in chapter 8: "Two thousand, one dozen and a deuce years beyond the death of our savior, a Latina, African, and Euro will lead the army of 53 through the valley.. Black cats will sit eager and await the judgement. And the rested one will ascend upon high to carry the burden for the old and weary, for it is his destiny according to his rather generous contract.

Is that NIV???

Haha!

This is where Clayton loses respectability--

"Odds favor the Saints going 5-1 in the NFC South. If they beat the Atlanta Falcons on the road, they could go 6-0."

First of all, what odds maker is paying out if the Saints do not win 5 in the South? With Atlanta, Carolina and even the new-look Bucs in the division, giving any team a preseason 5-1 record at the least is stupid. He is suggesting that the Saints will undoubtedly sweep the 12-4 Panthers. Clayton is drinking all the Kool-Aid about the Panthers and has already dismissed them. He is a media parrot, nothing more.

Reasons for the Saints return to Mt. Olympus? Their DL. Brandon Cooks. The last time I checked, the Panthers have a pretty good DL and a pretty good rookie WR.

If that is his pick he must favor the Aints to return to the Super Bowl, or at least that is the tune he is singing. Won't happen with the parity in the division. In my opinion everyone has improved.

If they went 5 -1 in our division they would have a home game or 2 in the playoffs because I just don't see Seattle or the 49ers ripping through the NFC West this year. The NFC East will not be much improved. The north has Rodgers back. I love the bulletin board material they give our squad. It is typically when the Panthers play their best.

I can't remember reading that an entire position group was being benched.  Unless, you include the Saints entire defense being a bunch of hitmen/criminals!  Does that count?  Anyway, here is the link!  Oh and also another link about them trying to trade for linemen.  Maybe Mike Glennon could put on 100 pounds right quick?  Where is JaMarcus Russell when you need him?

"Buccaneers waste no time benching offensive line."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000376635/article/buccaneers-waste-no-time-benching-offensive-lineman

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000376883/article/alex-boone-on-tampa-bay-buccaneers-trade-radar

I haven't been worried about the Saints but I was a little jealous when they went out and signed Jarious Byrd. Found this article from the ESPN beat writer for the Saints. Their weakness happens to collide with our strength. This season will be interesting. Their starting guards and Brees all have small injuries too. When you are in your 30's injuries can become an issue in the NFL.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp14/story/_/id/11321170/budding-talents-display-new-orleans-saints-camp

"5. Beware of the "Theory of 150": In 2007, I came up with the "Theory of 150." I was looking at an aging offensive line of the Chicago Bears, who were coming off a Super Bowl loss to Indianapolis. The starting offensive line had a combined age of 159, 31.4 per player. Four starters were in their 30s. Once a line gets that old, major repairs and a major drop-off are looming. I used the same theory for the Washington Redskins, Cowboys and Giants over the next few years.

A theory alert is developing for the Saints. Evans, Zach Strief and Grubbs are currently 30. At center, 35-year-old Jonathan Goodwin is competing against Tim Lelito. Armstead is 23. If Goodwin wins at center, the combined age of the line will be 152. This isn't to say the Saints won't be fine this year, but they are starting to get to the point where they must look toward the future. Payton places more value at guard than at tackle because the 6-foot Brees needs a clean pocket. If the pocket starts to collapse because of age, Brees could struggle."

If our sophomore defensive tackles take the leap we think they can we can disrupt Brees in that clean pocket he loves.

who the hell is Jairouisos Byrd?  Dude, you butchered that.

Archived