• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mommy crisis

lola

MY niece went through this last year. Be prepared for sick days. New kids, new germs. My niece is not shy at all so she dove right in, loves school very much. The one thing to watch for is the other kids teaching her bad habits. My niece would pick up things from the other kids that we did not like. Just being rude to people and making comments about people. But we always correct her with that stuff. I was more excited than emotional sending off my niece but this might have hit me in the feels.

AzRfv7a.jpg

Yep. Daycares are basically Petri dishes with toys.

Not till 3rd do the germa seemto ease.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I never got sick til I became a father and sent my boy (he's 22 months now) to daycare.

and yes, I send him in Panthers onesies in the beginning and now he wears his Cam toddler jersey. Haven't found a Kuechly toddler jersey yet.

Well, I did it. She was fine and I was crying one of those heaving cries walking out of the building. Good times.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Sounds like a good country song.

Well, I did it. She was fine and I was crying one of those heaving cries walking out of the building. Good times.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Last 2 times I cried:

My daughter went to daycare as a toddler.

Then Montessori school as a Kindergartener.

The anxiety is unbelievable.

And I'm the big, tough Daddy.

Almost 17 now, may be interesting when she goes off to College.

My mommy crisis is coming up with new healthy lunches to pack my kid at 6:30 am in the morning. I'm not looking forward to spending 1/2 hour or more in the kitchen in the early morning. Summer time went too fast. 

My mommy crisis is coming up with new healthy lunches to pack my kid at 6:30 am in the morning. I'm not looking forward to spending 1/2 hour or more in the kitchen in the early morning. Summer time went too fast.

No kidding. I always get melancholy around this time.

I have a few more days of going to work "late" then it's drive time starting at 7am. Uggh.

Not to hijack, but does anyone have any advice if they start to dread going?

I started sending my daughter to daycare for the first time on Monday and she and her mother did ok as far as crying goes (its inevitable), but today she didn't want to go and started crying in the car on the way there.  Basically we try to pump her up like "OH MAN, BIG GIRL SCHOOL!!!!" She'll get excited for a minute and then start crying for mommy and daddy.  So we just walk her in there and say bye and turn around.  It's terrible.  

Archived